Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Hi all, I have been using Content manager for a couple of days now, and one of the things I did was update the tracks with the texture, lighting etc updates. Unfortunately now Monza looks like it is in the middle of a winter wornderland, everything is very white and all the colours bleached out of the track, trees, curbs etc. It's obviously due to the update because immediately after activating it it changed.

However I don't see any way of uninstalling it or reversing t it to the original. Is there a way to do it or do I have to delete it and reinstall?

Cheers

Les

many thanks to the mods for moving this

Guys, if anyone can help with this, I would be grateful - more tracks are affected. At the Hungaroring it is the same, except I get to a part of the track where the sun is shining directly into my face, and the whole screen goes so light it literally obliterates everything. It has completely stopped me from being able to play AC as I can't see where the track goes, because the curbs are the same colour as the track and grass

Cheers

Les

Correct. Dirty laps won't get set as a best lap.
This won't explain all cases of time not being set though. I've since turned penalties back on, and I haven't got a best lap time on two different tracks, even though no penalties occured, and no prior best lap time on track existed. So this cannot be the only explanation, and I'm back to my original suspicion that the track somehow expects or explicitly sets the limit where the time won't be recorded.

The point you maybe don't know is that.... tracks with Custom Shaders Patch ( included in Content Manager ) may have different aspects according to the chosen date for an event.

The colors are surely the ones of ... winter's day
If you didn't choose a specific date, the present day is the default day.

If you wish to keep this possibility and find regular colors back just do this:
In Drive Menu, at the right of the cursor Time ... click on the 3 dots, check "Specific Date" and choose a date in a summer day.

That's done !

Last edited:
It is due to automatic track seasonal coloring.
To disable this feature, go to settings menu in Content Manager, then in Custom shaders patch / Track adjustments section and check 'disable any coloring seasonal adjustments'

Thanks guys, will give it a go; I have to say, while it has a load of great features, it is somewhat unintuitive is some respects, and some hints as to what happens would be welcome!

Cheers

Les

Hey, I know this thread is old, but none of the thing they say here seemed to fix my issue, so I searched and eventually found this fix and felt like it was important to tell y'all about it so people researching this will find my solution and hopefully it will fix it for them as well.

So you use content manager, go to the CM showroom, select the inner glass (very important to be the inner or it won't work) then click the three little dots next to the material, then click change value and make sure all the settings with "fresnel" in the name are set to 0. The fresnel effect is the culprit of the motion blur in many of the vehicles that have this problem, it worked on all the ones I've tried so far.

Thanks for this worked a treat - love your work

I've been having issues with CM lap time recording as well, not sure when it started but I noticed it a couple weeks ago. There's also the curious case of a track I recently installed (Sergio's Historic Hockenheim National) that does not seem to record the "Total Driven" at all.

Guys, a bit of feedback due to very limited time on the rig due to works stuff. I uninstalled the shader to double check if it really was the cause, and indeed it is, so will try and get the shader reinstalled and disable the seasonal bit

Thanks again for all the help

Les

Hi, every time Content Manager starts I get an error:-

Oops - Access denied. Cannot update due to lack of permissions. Please update manually

I have auto update on set to start up and when I try to update manually I get the same message anyway.

I have the paid for version of CM version 0.8.2226.37393.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm getting this error as well.

Hi, I sort of worked it out. I had the AC Content Manager file set to read only. I moved the whole folder to C:/Users/***myname***/ and right clicked on the folder - click properties - turn off read-only - Apply - OK.

I then could update CM to the latest version using manual update.

Strange that the user rights are read only. It must have been OK previously for the auto updates to work unless there haven't been any auto updates for a long time and it never would have worked?

I will check mine later.

Yes, reread my reply.

Haha nice one. It only took me 2 days to find your latest settings! Only got the Od+ headset during the week. Its a bit watery i would call it and the apps and any text is difficult to read. I've sol and csp to the max as per my monitor setting.

Last edited:
My neck fx is currently not working in content manager, and when i try uninstall and reinstall content manager to try and fix the issue all my settings etc are all saved. Does anyone know how ot full uninstall content manager such that it doesn't remember any of my settings etc.

Cheers

Hi, can anyone help me with Content Manager as im wondering what the root cause of my problem is.

So recently i reinstalled Assetto Corsa and the first thing i did was download Content Manager. As i was installing and setting up the first run initializiation and setup procedure of CM, suddenly my com randomly BSOD and it wasnt due to CM, it was my PC with IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL issue that is happening frequently.

So anyway, once the PC restarted itself i tried running CM again and it just shows the outline of CM for a split second and the process kills itself.

I've tried the following in order:
1. Verify integrity of game files
2. Re-downloaded CM and put into AC root folder
3. Uninstalled the game and any remaining file/folder remnants, Deleted "Assetto Corsa" in Documents, deleted C:\Users\UserX\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager
4. Re-installed AC and placed CM in root folder, and it does the same thing.

Anyone can help? I've attached what the CM looks like when i run it. I feel like i need some kind of CM Cleanup tool or resetter of some sorts. I've looked around google and none have matched my case and i feel like my issue is pretty.......unique.

Thank you anyone.

I've got the logs from: (C:\Users\Joey\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Logs) if it could provide useful.

19:43:46.965: Initialized
19:43:46.983: → [App:101] CreateAndRun(): App version: 0.8.1976.36095 (x86, Windows 10)
19:43:47.017: → [Storage:231] Load(): Values.data: 2.93 ms
19:43:47.025: → [LocaleHelper:40] InitializeAsync(): Language ID: en
19:43:47.029: → [LocaleHelper:44] InitializeAsync(): Supported officially
19:43:47.664: → [AppAppearanceManager:166] InnerInitialize(): Accent color: #FFA20025
19:43:47.806: ⚠ [ModsWebBrowser:669] AddDefaultSources(): File Website.json is missing
19:43:47.824: • [AppShortcut:63] CreateShortcut(): Can’t create shortcut:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IPersistFile.Load(String pszFileName, Int32 dwMode)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.ShellLink.Load(String file)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.ShellLink..ctor(String file)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.AppShortcut.HasShortcut()
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.AppShortcut.CreateShortcut()
19:43:47.835: ⚠ [DataUpdater:44] GetInstalledVersion(): Quick Filters are missing
19:43:47.843: → [BaseUpdater:24] .ctor(): Installed version for DataUpdater: 0
19:43:47.849: → [AppUpdater:44] Initialize(): Previos version: 0.8.1976.36095
19:43:47.861: → [BaseUpdater:24] .ctor(): Installed version for AppUpdater: 0.8.1976.36095
19:43:47.867: → [BaseUpdater:24] .ctor(): Installed version for LocaleUpdater:
19:43:47.953: → [VisualCppTool:43] Initialize(): Libraries load time: 0.4 ms
19:43:47.958: → [VisualCppTool:44] Initialize(): Current directory: C:\Users\Joey\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa6120.35457
19:43:48.419: → [AppUi:173] Run(): Shutdown…

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-01-15-19h12m21s501.png
    vlcsnap-2021-01-15-19h12m21s501.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I got around to it today, and unfortunately it didn't seem to do anything. At the Hungaroring, I still get utter white-out on parts of the track (predominantly the chicane) to the point where for a number of seconds I can see nothing, and have no idea where the track limits are. It continues to be undriveable.

I have closed and restarted content manager (and I have the licensed version before anyone asks) but it makes no difference.

Have I missed something?

Les

Last edited:
check content of : C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\track_adjustements.ini

you should see a section like this one
[SEASONS]
ALLOW_ADJUSTMENTS=0

0 means no adjustment, so no color modification according to season.
1 means adjustment.

It should match your selected checkbox in CM
If you see nothing, it means default setting is activated and default is adjustment.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back