Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

you need to use a launcher, the acs.exe on its own doesn't work. The launcher sets a control file up and starts the game.exe with it. Either the normal AssettoCorsa.exe or CM

The reason is finally that the 6 or 7 biggest anti-virus softwares have all a heuristic analysis.
When CM ( as other safe executable files ) is acting in a kind of way of a known virus or trojan ( maybe only looking in your documents is already a reason !?? ) .... the anti-virus delete or quarantine the suspected files..... these are often false positives.

When having a look at VirusTotal for those files ... you'll notice only a few ( or even 1 only ) are detecting them as positive.

Good for a pure point of view of security, less good when mistakes are often done and files deleted for false positives.

I don't see any other reason .... ( Norton in my case .... which did so at the time for Automobilista 1, RF2 and Fanaleds executable files ... in case of updates ... and restore the files and mention them safe for next analysis was not enough to solve the problem for the next ... update ).

Change the AV or unactivate the heuristic analysis is the solution .... another option is just restore files if there are not too many regular updates and if the files are just quarantined and not fully deleted.

I can only start Assetto corsa with content Manager. Won't completely launch with game exe. Only goes to Carmeta data then freezes.

That is the result of having too many car mods with too many skins. The original game manager has a hard limit where it hangs.

Delete some cars or skins if you want the original launcher back.

Ugh, still struggling. I can now launch Content Manager from the new location, but when I hit the GO! button, it sits there and does nothing. What a headache. More Googling. Any help would be most appreciated.
Did you have any luck with this. I did the same thing when asked if I wanted to move and now my AC is broken and CM won't let me keep it in the AC root folder

Maybe I'm being dumb and should just hangout with the idiots in the understeer thread but I can't find the option to stop this.

I don't have CSP, never had it, don't want it. Regardless, every single time I launch a session, no matter the content, CM wants to download CSP "config" files for every car and track. Just please stop.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back