Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Try this. For me the FTH issue was causing enormously long loading times and terrible fps, this fixed it completely
Content Manager takes care of this itself (as Rainman explains in his initial post). It's a feature that was integrated to CM after the release of the video you link to.

The fact Content Manager can fix this -just like that!- is the nearest thing to a miracle that I have ever experienced in my life.

I am petitioning the Vatican to beatify Content Manager.

Last edited:
The 'race cancelled' error started happening few months ago. Today, I reinstalled, AC and content manager and it still keeps happening. It happens in singleplayer, multiplayer, literally everything. However, I can start AC without content manager. Can someone please help me out?
1625230184818.png

I just wanted to adjust the track boundaries on a track to avoid the AI jamming up a part of the track. So I look for a nice tutorial to help me out. Ai Helper app and tutorial, Nice I'm off to the races. App downloaded and installed I am almost there. Open the game and what do you know the app icon is not in the list. It is at this time I close Assetto Corsa and go play something else because content manager was written by aliens for aliens. I simply do not have hours of time to work out every little glitch. Now looking for a better game to play racing on.

I've been running Content manager with CSP for 6 months now without any issues. It only ever took a few seconds to load up into the game. However, out of nowhere, it has started taking 5+ minutes to get into the game. I have fully reinstalled everything (The base game, content manager and the shaders patch), but the problem persists.

I have spotted a couple of errors though. It cant seem to find the track configs or car textures. Is there a way to get my loading times back, or will I have to live without CSP?

Screenshot 2021-07-03 16.12.25.png
menu.png

No good for your problem but I've come to the conclusion that 1.46 and using Sol 1.5.1 is as good as it gets. You didn't mention that you deleted the Assetto document folder - CSP extension stuff is there as well and only after I deleted that (after not doing it before but deleted everything else) was my problem resolved. And for good measure I deleted the content manager folder C: users.....your name, local, appdata

Hope you work it out!

There are a few main things that have the potential to fix this
1) disable all auto-downloads in csp (go to the list of installed car/tracks, right click the top level car configs header, uncheck auto-download)
2) disable multi-threaded loading (supposed to be faster, sometimes isn't)
3) check that AC's not in the Fault Tolerant Heap in windows.

I recently had to delete my Documents\Assetto Corsa folder, after some issues with my steering/FFB. It solved the problem, and it regenerates automatically anyway, but when after re-assigning my controls I tried to save my settings, I keep getting the following message:

"Please, choose a file in initial directory (“cfg\controllers\savedsetups”) or some subdirectory."

I've had this problem for a few days now. Can anyone help?
I'm getting this too, what was the fix?

If you can't make a Paypal account then maybe ask a friend or relative to make it for you? As in you pay them the sum in cash, they make the donation and then send the code to you. Doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

Yes there is no minimum amount, but the donation should still be worth something. I don't mean it has to be hundreds of dollars, but paying 1 cent is an insult. Not only is CM a game-changing app but the same wizard who made it is also responsible for CSP which is another game-changer.

edit: didn't notice this thread is a bit old. But let's say that is directed to anyone who is in the same position as OP

Last edited:
Just listen to this message and just save your controller setup in
"...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups\"

If you want that as a default, do that saving there and after that copy it over manually to
"...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\presets"

And if you really need to, rename it to "default.ini" there so that it will be used, if you dont have set something here:
1625497461544.png

(Why dont people just listen to "software" if it tells you something? Sometimes software is actually right...)

Last edited:
I've used Content Manager successfully for a couple of years now but I just bought a new computer and I'm reinstalling everything and when I try to save my Controller Settings ( Fanatec peripherals) I'm getting this error.

Attachments

• 20210703_152231.jpg
    20210703_152231.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 94
Just listen to this message and just save your controller setup in
"...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\savedsetups\"

If you want that as a default, do that saving there and after that copy it over manually to
"...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\presets"

And if you really need to, rename it to "default.ini" there so that it will be used, if you dont have set something here:
View attachment 486106

(Why dont people just listen to "software" if it tells you something? Sometimes software is actually right...)
didn't work

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back