Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Hello everybody. I just discovered the Content Manager app and been having a blast installing various mods. Today, when looking for new cars, I've been having this issue where every mod I download and drag&drop to CM shows the message: "App couldn't detect any content to install here." and then I can't install those mods.

I tried download from inside CM and extracting the archives and install through the folder, but no luck either.

I have the full version.

Does anybody knows about this issue and could help?

Many thanks !

Hi everyone, recently had to update my PC because it broke and now I'm planning to make things more serious regarding my sim racing passion.

TL;DR: What are the most fps hitting graphics options in CM and which Ambient Occlusion option should I use for the smallest fps impact?

My previous PC specs were:
- 4gb DDR3 Ram
- Intel Core i3-550 (3,2Ghz, dual core)
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti
- Windows 10 (64bit)

The current specs:
- 8gb DDR3 Ram
- Intel Core i5-4570 (3,2Ghz, quad core)
- the same 1050Ti (only part that survived, thank goodness, due to the graphics card shortage nowadays this is worth more than the whole PC)
- Windows 10 (64bit) (previously WIndows 8.1, but I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 because of the possibility to compress files to save disk space, although this might help somebody: on Windows 8.1 I had 135fps in the benchmark, with Windows 10 only around 105. Like I said I had to sacrifice the fps increase to compress files.

So the interesting thing is that the previous PC was able to run the game with around 70fps when hotlapping. Oddly enough, with the new specs the fps remains the same. However, the most noticeable improvement is the race with AI and the Shutoko Revival Project map, previously I had a very choppy ~40fps with the usual CPU occupancy message. Now this is gone (though haven't tested for more than 5 minutes), the fps barely falls below 60, but I want to make sure to stay above 60fps 90% of the time. One very important thing I noticed is the benchmark is always around 30fps higher than actual in-game.

I've been tinkering with the settings for days now but I'm kind of a layman when it comes to the endless possibilities of the Content Manager and CSP optimizations. One thing I'm sure is that ExtraFX hits fps hard, dropping from 70 to 50 despite only enabling the ExtraFX itself and disabling everything else (Ambient Occlusion, SSLR, SSLI, etc). So I turned ExtraFX off, but I really want to have proper Ambient Occlusion on because without AO the cars look kinda off IMO.

I love to take screenshots and watching replays with CamTool2 (haven't tested how much fps it would eat up with the new specs) so I want AC to look good too. Most of the graphics options are on very high, except DOF, shadows, smoke, MSAA, reflections and mirrors. I think these don't make a big difference on the final look of the screenshots because the custom screens option in CM takes a good care of that by multiplying the resolution and sharpening the final screenshot. Of course, I am also using Sol 2.1.

Thank you very much in advance for reading through this and helping me,
TheNuvolari

Last edited:
Any idea how to get my teleport to pits working? all other functions I map work perfect just not the teleport to pits, I tried the app CM recommends and that allows ctrl+B to send me back but when I put that key combo on my stream deck it doesnt work but works on my keyboard. If I dont use that app it just doesnt seem to want to work at all with any button combo on keyboard. Keyboard is not in reach easily like the stream deck otherwise I would just use the app that makes it work, I also know other people this works perfectly fine same exact setup as mine. Should I try reinstalling CM?

Hello,

First post here. I installed AC for the first time and also installed CM. When I click open CM and click on CSP, it asks me to download something. I did that. Does this make the graphics automatically different than if I were not to click download? In other words, are the graphics stock at the moment or is having shader patch 1.6 making the graphics better? Thank you.

hey guys ive used content manager before but i have something weird going on whenever i launch from cm it always registers my clutch being pressed in when its not i looked through all my wheel setting and everything is fine, when i launch from the normal launcher this doesn't happen can someone help thanks :)

i need help i cant play because of this in the top right

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 18.29.42.56.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 18.29.42.56.png
    640.7 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited:
Have the Full Version of CM. Was hoping to us the "live" link to WSS in the drive section. However each time I click on "live" it asks for the plug in CEFSHARP app and each time I activate that app it locks up & crashes CM. I've tried to find useful info online to no avail. Appreciate any help. Hope some one can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for the replies. I tried what is suggested with no luck. Although it still does not load it at least doesn't crash and lock up CM.
i"m running CSP vers 1.60...could that be the issue???

Hello, im quite new to AC and all that kind of stuff, but i really like to tune cars and test them out on Drag.

Recentlly i downloaded the ContentManger, started using it, As i was looking at the PoweGraph, there is this "Transmision Loss" ?
What does it actually mean? Some cars have like 13% to 15% some have 0%

if i make it 0% the HP goes down to (data) numbers.

But the UI Crankshaft values seems to have been always higher is that like Fake Info?

Is the (data) 0% Transmision Loss , means the real values of the HP and Torque? Thanks.
im just so confused .... Sorry if some Q , seems silly..

Attachments

• v111.JPG
    v111.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
The power you define in the car's physics is wheel power, basically what you would measure if you'd put the car on a dyno test stand.

The power a car manufacturer puts in his advertisement and your car's ID is engine power. It will be higher due to that unpreventable transmission loss (in which torque will be lost as heat and noise/vibration)
So both are correct, just depends on at what point you measure. 13% is a rough estimate, older cars may lose even more, newer may lose less.

Hello, there is this car " Audi RS7 Sportback 2015" its the only car, available for public downloads,

but its getting errors, here are the CM Logs

AC\caravatar.cpp (1309): CarAvatar::initPhysics
AC\caravatar.cpp (896): CarAvatar::CarAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1446): Sim::addCar
AC\racemanager.cpp (462): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen: postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
00007FFB7C7E7034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFB7CF02651 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

What could be the problem, ??
I tried to changing [HEADER] Version to 2.0 , that not works, as i read somewhere that aero.ini , sometimes changing ver from 1.0 > to 2.0 can solve some problems. But nothing...
i really want to drive this car, its the only 1 car, in entire Google... :D

Attachments

• 6b.JPG
    6b.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The other night, i got the attached message when opening Content Mgr in Assetto Corsa. It was saying a 'performance issue detected' and was talking about a 'fault tolerant heap' that could be slowing me down and that, to disable it a 'few values in the windows registry' have to be changed, and would i want to do it automatically or not. I chose 'Cancel' since i had no idea what it was talking about, and the game seemed to be working properly at first.

However, a bit later all kinds of very weird things started happening, as follows:

1) once in the game looking at the car before driving, the drive button was frozen and it would not let me click on anything anywhere else either
2) while driving, the game suddenly switched my cockpit view to the outside view without me touching anything
3) the game screen suddenly started flashing a full screen lighter color and then back to normal color over and over, and i had to use task manager to reboot
4) after hitting the 'drive' button in content manager, it took me to a very weird loading screen, but all my controls were totally disabled, and again i had to use task manager to reboot
5) noticed that it would mess up other programs too, for example, after the game froze in the assetto corsa and i was able to get out with alt/cntl/delete, i was unable to type in a word doc after getting out of the game

I have rebooted multiple times, yet these problems kept happening all night last night

Note that, after i chose to cancel that original 'fault tolerant heap' message, that message has never come back up after rebooting and getting back into content mgr. So, if whatever it was telling me needs to be fixed (whatever it was saying was wrong), i don't know how to fix that now.

What should i do at this point? I have not yet tried to go into assetto corsa in steam and check the integrity of the assetto corsa game. Will try that tonight, but other ideas if that doesn't fix it? What is going on?! I want to be able to drive this weekend! Help

Thanks
Randy

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 70

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%