Content Manager - Setting Up Online Server - Clients & Entry List

I'm running an online server from CM but one thing I don't quite understand is the relationship between Clients (Capacity) and the Entry List.

Let's say I want to allow up to 10 clients and I want everyone to race in the same car. I take it that I have to add that car 10 times in the Entry List to ensure there is a car available for all 10 clients?

However, let's say I want to run a GT3 class race for 10 clients but I want to offer 6 different GT3 cars so that there is a choice. Does that mean I would need to add 10 of each individual car to the Entry List, (so 60 'additions' in total), to cover the possibility of everyone potentially choosing the same car?

Or is there a simpler way of simply adding each car only once to the Entry List and it doesn't matter how many clients choose it, up to the maximum capacity set?

Cheers!

I'm running an online server from CM but one thing I don't quite understand is the relationship between Clients (Capacity) and the Entry List.

Let's say I want to allow up to 10 clients and I want everyone to race in the same car. I take it that I have to add that car 10 times in the Entry List to ensure there is a car available for all 10 clients?

Correct. Clients is the number of drivers allowed, entry list is the number of cars available for them to drive. So your entry list will always need to be equal to or greater than the number of clients allowed. It won't let you start the server if your entry list is less than your allowed clients, but it will allow more on the entry list than clients allowed.

However, let's say I want to run a GT3 class race for 10 clients but I want to offer 6 different GT3 cars so that there is a choice. Does that mean I would need to add 10 of each individual car to the Entry List, (so 60 'additions' in total), to cover the possibility of everyone potentially choosing the same car?

Theory is correct, but not practical since most tracks can't host 60 cars. But with six cars to choose from it's unlikely that all 10 drivers are all going to want the same car. So lets say the track has 24 available slots for cars, and you want six different cars available to choose from, you put four of each car in the entry list, so that will give you 24 cars in the entry list. It's not perfect but as long as you don't have 5 out of 10 people wanting the same car (which isn't typical, especially with GT3 machines) then everyone gets the car they want. The number of entries allowed is determined by the number of pit boxes at the track. Most Kunos tracks are 24, I believe, but some mod tracks have more and there are some mods that allow more on Kunos tracks too.

Or is there a simpler way of simply adding each car only once to the Entry List and it doesn't matter how many clients choose it, up to the maximum capacity set?

Cheers!

Don't believe so, this is just how AC works. Once you do it a few times though it all becomes straightforward and if you're setting up your server in CM it's easier/quicker than with the default Kunos AC Manager app. Once you get the hang of it it's really not a big deal.

Correct. Clients is the number of drivers allowed, entry list is the number of cars available for them to drive. So your entry list will always need to be equal to or greater than the number of clients allowed. It won't let you start the server if your entry list is less than your allowed clients, but it will allow more on the entry list than clients allowed.

Theory is correct, but not practical since most tracks can't host 60 cars. But with six cars to choose from it's unlikely that all 10 drivers are all going to want the same car. So lets say the track has 24 available slots for cars, and you want six different cars available to choose from, you put four of each car in the entry list, so that will give you 24 cars in the entry list. It's not perfect but as long as you don't have 5 out of 10 people wanting the same car (which isn't typical, especially with GT3 machines) then everyone gets the car they want. The number of entries allowed is determined by the number of pit boxes at the track. Most Kunos tracks are 24, I believe, but some mod tracks have more and there are some mods that allow more on Kunos tracks too.

Don't believe so, this is just how AC works. Once you do it a few times though it all becomes straightforward and if you're setting up your server in CM it's easier/quicker than with the default Kunos AC Manager app. Once you get the hang of it it's really not a big deal.

Cheers for the detailed reply Brandon. I suspected as much but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a trick. Thanks again!

Cheers for the detailed reply Brandon. I suspected as much but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a trick. Thanks again!

No problem, you nailed it. AC has some oddities like that but once you learn them and figure out how to work with them it's not much of an issue. I just started using CM to run a server in the last couple weeks and, just like everything with CM, it's better than the vanilla server manager and makes it all a bit easier and quicker to setup. I think it has a few more options than the vanilla app as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%