Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I have the same problem as you. The game just hangs when loading driver.kn5. I can´t run all the gt3 cars from kunos except audi r8 lms 2016. Plus, the gt2 cars (M2, 911 RSR, Corvette CR7 and 458) had lost their sounds. Other gt mods I have runs fine.
The last thing I´ve installed is the endulights for amg gt3, but not sure if it is the problem.

UPDATE: Some of these problems were solved with Sol 1.2

I already have Sol 1.2 but i tried switching the shader packs and with the newer shader packs i canjoin a game with the z4 GT3 BUT all cars (AMGs, Ferrari all cars on the game) are completely silver/shiny

Update: Reinstalled the shader pack and now it seems fine.
So try to install a newer shader pack
Hmm... Really weird I it's all back again after updating my SOL to 1.2 as well as updating my Shaders Patch to v0.1.25 preview 128

Last edited:
Hmm... Really weird I it's all back again after updating my SOL to 1.2 as well as updating my Shaders Patch to v0.1.25 preview 128

I joined the Discord Server and there i found out that disabling "use dynamic ambient" fixes this shiny cars issue.
But still i dont understand how something like that can happen without changing anything ! And, i would like to know that if i get less nice graphics when disabling that feature. What caused our problem in the first place?

Same happened to me today (driver model probably missing).

I have no Sol.

My CSP version is 0.1.25-preview74 and everything was ok for me.
I never used CM for online races ( i use only CM for offline racec, career etc.) but i used CM for online race for the first time yesterday.
Idk this problem related about using CM for online session but maybe CM downloaded some patches or something.

Here is is what i tried for solve this problem;

* I have deleted CSP (0.1.25-preview74) and PROBLEM SOLVED.
* I have re install previous and recomended version of CSP ( 0.1.25-preview49) and still problem.
I have re install previous and recomended version of CSP ( 0.1.25-preview74) and still problem.
* I have installed CSP (0.1.25-preview125) problem has solved but this time some black sky issue happened.
* I have installed CSP (0.1.25-preview127) problem has solved but this time some black sky issue happened.
* I have installed CSP (0.1.25-preview128) and PROBLEM SOLVED. If im not wrong screen and images darker on preview128 than preview74 by the way.

I still dont know what causes this problem maybe online session or not but i explanaid what i did. Maybe these details help to understand reason and/or helps to solve problem permanently...

Same happened to me today (driver model probably missing).

I have no Sol.

My CSP version is 0.1.25-preview74 and everything was ok for me.
I never used CM for online races ( i use only CM for offline racec, career etc.) but i used CM for online race for the first time yesterday.
Idk this problem related about using CM for online session but maybe CM downloaded some patches or something.

Here is is what i tried for solve this problem;

* I have deleted CSP (0.1.25-preview74) and PROBLEM SOLVED.
* I have re install previous and recomended version of CSP ( 0.1.25-preview49) and still problem.
I have re install previous and recomended version of CSP ( 0.1.25-preview74) and still problem.
* I have installed CSP (0.1.25-preview125) problem has solved but this time some black sky issue happened.
* I have installed CSP (0.1.25-preview127) problem has solved but this time some black sky issue happened.
* I have installed CSP (0.1.25-preview128) and PROBLEM SOLVED. If im not wrong screen and images darker on preview128 than preview74 by the way.

I still dont know what causes this problem maybe online session or not but i explanaid what i did. Maybe these details help to understand reason and/or helps to solve problem permanently...

Nice and detailed comment, thanks for that.

Yeah, i personally think aswell that CM caused it in the first place. Iam using CM for the last 2 weeks now and i never had a similar problem before when i wasnt using CM.
When setting up CM i disabled the auto update features, but still i think that CM somewhow downloaded or changed something.

Hi guys,

Hoping you maybe have some tips for me, haven't been running in VR in a while but heard about all the shaderpatch updates so i thought i should try again. game runs really well in 1440p on monitor, but i cant seem to get it running in VR. im using windows mixed reality (dell visor) and it never show a hint of starting the game in the HMD. runs through loading everything i think, but then just cancels the race. tried using original game starter and AppID. no luck. everything is on the newest version

Just for the record. PayPal takes 60 Cent per donation. So its senseless to donate less then 60 cent. You just give money to the bank, the modder gets nothing. So if you have no money to pay a mod, then even do not pay less a dollar. It would be better then to help in the forum and to give a good feedback. That's a much better donation than 1 dollar.

I suppose you mean the Pitstop gui, Smasha ? .... as, you're right it covers the apps menu at the right.

And moreover when you need to modify slightly a preset while driving ... another more obvious place might be chosen on screen ( no problem as it disappears after a few seconds ).

Now, if this is hard-coded in game .... it should not be possible, except if there's a file we may modify.

Just for the record. PayPal takes 60 Cent per donation. So its senseless to donate less then 60 cent. You just give money to the bank, the modder gets nothing. So if you have no money to pay a mod, then even do not pay less a dollar. It would be better then to help in the forum and to give a good feedback. That's a much better donation than 1 dollar.
Even worse if you're in Canada... they take a $2.99 fee for transfers to outside Canada, same for lots of inter-country transfers.

I didn't see anything in CM to place it somewhere else .... but strangely I think to remember reading something somewhere ( vague enough ? :D ) that we might ( also not sure as you may understand ;) ...do I have to add "maybe ? :whistling: ) change it in one or other config file.

I'll search ... but not sure to find or that it is possible.

NB meanwhile, driving a few meters away from pits in practice .... allows the pitstop window to disappear and reach easier those side apps menu.

@smasha

I didn't modify anything until now for this pitstop menu... but I found the right thread about it with a quick search.
Everything about the Pitmenu config file is here at AC forum:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/pit-menu-by-kunos-how-to-customize.44000/

EDIT: just changing this value OBJECT_POS_X=80 for OBJECT_POS_X=250 is OK to have the pitmenu just at the left of the side apps menu ... so you have the full CM apps menu visible.
( done on my desktop screen 21/9 2560*1080 ... but I suppose it will also be fine for the 34" 3440*1440 at the rig as it's just a distance in pixels from the right edge of a monitor ).

Last edited:
[QUOTE="BlazeGT3, post: 2970413, member: 145737"
Great, I figured it out I thought, so I did the same thing to the CLK GTR SS version, only to have it crash in the same manner as before with the Race Cancelled message.
[/QUOTE]
In the case of that mod it had an issue with the collider, I simply copied the collider from the regular CLK and it worked.

As many say, the reasons for the dumps are very different. I'm currently having a crash only when I try to run Nordschleife even in single player mode. It started happening after entering an online server to run that track and I couldn't run in that track ever since. I'm running Shaders patch preview49 I believe, the latest recommended version, and BLM Car.

I'll try deactivating those mods and try again after some suggestions. Will come up later with the results of the testing

**** HOLY CRAP UPDATE****
Well swapping the colliders.kn5 file with a known working car has fixed every broken car I've tried it on so far.
Even though I could open that file on the broken cars and it seemed to be fine, swapping it out made it work.

Thank you so much for suggesting this!
Truly,
Blaze

[/QUOTE]
As many say, the reasons for the dumps are very different. I'm currently having a crash only when I try to run Nordschleife even in single player mode. It started happening after entering an online server to run that track and I couldn't run in that track ever since. I'm running Shaders patch preview49 I believe, the latest recommended version, and BLM Car.
[/QUOTE]

I meant to add that I am not running any graphic enhancing, or feature adding mods other than modded Cars and Tracks. Running through Content manager, but if it crashes in CM it will also crash in regular AC.

I just felt like it was weird for one of the versions of the CLK to work, and the other, which is really just a "tuned" version of the same car doesn't work.. I will try moving around collider files for some of the broken cars to see if there is any change.

Thanks for the response!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%