Content Manager or ? for repairing or modifying non-Kunos car mods

I have some cars which are NOT built by Kunos. I would like to modify these cars to include, for example, adjustable shocks (dampers). YES I understand I will not be able to race on-line with cars I modify.

Is this something I can use Content Manager for? The CM page calls its a "Repair tool for obsolete car mods or mods with common errors".

Or do I need to change something inside the car's file (Content>Cars>(subject car)>Data).

How would I go about changing shocks in car mods?

Thanks in advance

OK ... since nobody wanted to answer that one ... could somebody please point me in the direction of someone or some ... something that will answer my question. Please.

Thanks.
No, CM does not do that. Its repair feature contains of fixing obsolete things, fixing errors (like old style exhaust flames or empty aero luts) that keep the car from loading and prevent huge error logs, in general things to make the car work correctly as is, but not add features.
To change dampers you will need to unpack the data.acd and change things in the inis

No, CM does not do that. Its repair feature contains of fixing obsolete things, fixing errors (like old style exhaust flames or empty aero luts) that keep the car from loading and prevent huge error logs, in general things to make the car work correctly as is, but not add features.
To change dampers you will need to unpack the data.acd and change things in the inis

Thank you very much.

I know I'm not supposed to do this to Kunos Cars ... but I'm guessing I can to mods?

As a mechanic, I would love to get my hands in there and learn what is going on.

You're free to do whatever you want, it's not forbidden or anything. Just keep a backup of the original data.acd files in case you want to play online, because that file is checked for changes when you join a server to prevent cheating.

Thank you very much.

I know I'm not supposed to do this to Kunos Cars ... but I'm guessing I can to mods?

As a mechanic, I would love to get my hands in there and learn what is going on.
ofc, this is how we all learned to do this for our "from scratch" projects. You bet after each patch I dug into the new cars of each respective patch/DLC to learn the new features they brought, before ever trying to actually drive them on track :p
But as there is a huge number of people who'd rather "copy together" car mods from all sorts of sources instead of really trying to learn about it and ofc due to licensing rules, the exact topic of unpacking the stuff is not allowed to be talked about here on RD, ACM or the Kunos forums. But feels free to join the discussion in the Modding Discussion sub once you googled your way through that step :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back