Content Manager mouse pointer disappearing

Anytime I open a pop up window within content manager or switch to something else and then back to CM, my mouse pointer disappears, leaving me to look for sliders or checkboxes to highlight as I hover over them to find where exactly I'm pointing. Closing out and returning to CM fixes it...until the next time I have to open a window or click out.

Any way to fix this?

Anytime I open a pop up window within content manager or switch to something else and then back to CM, my mouse pointer disappears, leaving me to look for sliders or checkboxes to highlight as I hover over them to find where exactly I'm pointing. Closing out and returning to CM fixes it...until the next time I have to open a window or click out.

Any way to fix this?

Try window mod or fullscreen mod.
Try reinstalling your mouse driver

Pointer is default, updated drivers anyway (they're updated).

Put CM in full screen, now I just get a green screen except when I hover over lines, then the green comes back. Removed full screen, now it EITHER is green screen or the pointer disappears.

When it works, I love CM, but it hardly ever seems to work for me..

For what it's worth, I do have this running on a monitor connected to my laptop. Maybe I'll try to move it to the laptop monitor real quick...

Yea, didn't work. Just green window all the time now.

Last edited:
Pointer is default, updated drivers anyway (they're updated).

Put CM in full screen, now I just get a green screen except when I hover over lines, then the green comes back. Removed full screen, now it EITHER is green screen or the pointer disappears.

When it works, I love CM, but it hardly ever seems to work for me..

For what it's worth, I do have this running on a monitor connected to my laptop. Maybe I'll try to move it to the laptop monitor real quick...

Yea, didn't work. Just green window all the time now.

Hmmm that is really weird!
You should contact X4fab on Discord for this one! Honestly green things like this is probably a graphic driver related issues or something like that.do you have a picture, I'm curious!

Last edited:
Update: Seemed to have fixed it. Went to "Disable hardware acceleration for UI (not recommended)" or something like that, and went ahead and checkmarked it. Haven't had any issues with CM so far, which is the longest I've gone not having an issue. haha

It's an old trick from when everyone first started migrating to Windows 10 that I'd forgotten and randomly remembered from another program causing me similar issues. Idk what disabling "Hardware Accelerator" has to do with disappearing pointers or green screens, but it seems to work whenever I need it to.

Thanks for the help to those who offered suggestions!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.2%