Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I seem to have an issue with Content Mgr not being able to access the internet. It works in every other respect, managing content, triggering races offline etc.
However, it just will not connect to online. Never loads any servers for online mode.

Settings / Plugins doesn't show anything (blank screen).

Even About > Release Notes ends up returning the error about connections.
I have tried to Run As Admin, no different. Tried clearing out the appdata folder and reloading, no different

I can see Kunos servers from within AC when I launch via Steam.

I have tried adding the program in both inbound and outbound firewall exceptions, no different.
Am I missing something I need to do to get this going ? I notice Cefsharp isn't installed, it says to go to Settings/Plugins but that page is blank.

Any suggestions where I may start looking at config etc. ?

Here's the error -
ystem.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 87.236.16.68:443
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
at AcManager.Internal.InternalUtils.LoadChangelog(String userAgent, Boolean recentOnly)
at AcManager.Pages.About.ReleaseNotesPage.<>c.<LoadAsync>b__1_0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at AcManager.Pages.About.ReleaseNotesPage.<LoadAsync>d__1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.DefaultContentLoader.<LoadContentAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

It has been months, but I finally found a fix that works for me.
Hopefully it works for people who are having the same issue.

-Open CM
-Settings
-Drive
-Game Starter area choose switch to AC Service
-It will launch your CM with Steam and it should work from there.

Isn’t there an option on the Drive launch screen to select the controls ?

I think you can select whether a control set is car specific or global. So save your wheel settings as say TMX then set that option to Global TMX.

sometimes this helps:
1590381331213.png

if not, you must select a controller here:
(or set your default again in vanilla launcher)
1590381451768.png

• Deleted member 197115

Also you can try to change Alpha mode to Alpha Testing instead of Alpha blending for interior glass in showroom. This solved my solid brown glass issue.
Thanks, that fixed URD Shiro for me.

[QUOTE = "peladillasinuosa, publicación: 3149768, miembro: 1190215"]
Yo tambien tengo el mismo problema. Cuando le das un inicio carrera te venta que no es compatible con la plataforma. mas informacion en main.log.log
[/CITAR]
Hello. I have the same problem. Have you got the solution? Thanks.

If you are using G HUB, I would recomend to completely uninstall it (with something that deletes the register in windows), and installing the Logitech Gaming Software. It may look old and outdated (and it is) but it has a lot more compatibility than the newer one. Dunno why, but G-Hub absolutely messed up my steering detection and rotation when I installed it, and it as a complete sh*t to remove.

This was brilliant advice! Thank you. My clutch finally works in AC with CM. I still have to set it up in native AC first for it to even work, but the FFB settings and everything else can be fine-tuned in CM now. Much appreciated.

I have noticed CM offers bindings to increase, decrease and stop wipers. However, there isn't any function for quick wiper, that is, a single wipe of the windshield at max speed. I have implemented this function to one of the buttons I have behind my steering wheel. However, I had to use a script to press rapidly ctrl W 5 times. It works, but you still can notice the wiper a bit slow when it stars moving. Is there any forum for requests where I can suggest this idea with the hope that they include it in a future version of the program. Or am I wrong and I should I address it to the guys who develop the Custom Shaders Patch?

Hello : )

I have a problem with Content Manager.
From today if "game starter" is set as "AppID" my practice/race/everything is running in kunos launcher not in Content Manager. Content Manager signal me that "Race cancelled"

Today I was downloading some cars and tracks. Time to time I was checking Content Manager and starting fast ride for a while and then back to downloading some new stuff.

What I tried:
Check all cars/tracks folders - everything is fine to me
removing all cars/tracks folders from assetto corsa folder which I downloaded today - not works
Turn off all mods which I have - SOL, weather - not work

I change "Game starter" to "official" and it works but everything is loading slow now so I'm not happy from that and I'm just curious what happen "race cancelled"

Maybe someone have any idea how can I find out what causes this problem?

Sorry for my terrible english
Greetings !

EDIT: the problem occurs no matter what track or which car I choose. I have all DLC's

Attachments

• launcher.TXT
    11.6 KB · Views: 143
  • launcher_debug.TXT
    11.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm not able to run AC, when I start up Content manager, no matter which car or track combo I choose, after it starts loading my session, I get "Game Crashed". See image. Also, when I look in Steam, it says AC is running even though I shut it down, and clicking the blue STOP button does nothing. I hadn't ran AC for a month or so, but it was last working fine. I know Windows just shoved a new update down my throat today... could this be from the Win10 update?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Attachments

• Game Crashed.jpg
    Game Crashed.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 152
Did you test to launch a race or a session with the original launcher ? ...
So it might already tell us if the problem is for AC in general or maybe Content Manager only if AC can run with its original launcher ?

What you might also try afterwards if it's the same problem with the original AC launcher:
- rename your Documents/Assetto Corsa with such a name " Assetto Corsa BAK" so you keep a backup of everything you did before.
- launch AC with the original launcher and just setup your correct resolution and try a session ..... if it works it will create a new folder in the Documents .... sometimes the problem is only there in the Documents.

Did you test to launch a race or a session with the original launcher ? ...
So it might already tell us if the problem is for AC in general or maybe Content Manager only if AC can run with its original launcher ?

What you might also try afterwards if it's the same problem with the original AC launcher:
- rename your Documents/Assetto Corsa with such a name " Assetto Corsa BAK" so you keep a backup of everything you did before.
- launch AC with the original launcher and just setup your correct resolution and try a session ..... if it works it will create a new folder in the Documents .... sometimes the problem is only there in the Documents.
I tried it just as original AC in just a single car practice, even after doing a full AC reinstall & removal of documents folder. So it's either the recent Win10 update or an another program interfering? This is so frustrating!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 382 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%