• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Content Manager Issue

Norseman

75RPM
Mar 13, 2009
Hi everyone,

I'm not able to run AC, when I start up Content manager, no matter which car or track combo I choose, after it starts loading my session, I get "Game Crashed". See image. Also, when I look in Steam, it says AC is running even though I shut it down, and clicking the blue STOP button does nothing. I hadn't ran AC for a month or so, but it was last working fine. I know Windows just shoved a new update down my throat today... could this be from the Win10 update?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Attachments

Jempy

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 26, 2010
Did you test to launch a race or a session with the original launcher ? ...
So it might already tell us if the problem is for AC in general or maybe Content Manager only if AC can run with its original launcher ?

What you might also try afterwards if it's the same problem with the original AC launcher:
- rename your Documents/Assetto Corsa with such a name " Assetto Corsa BAK" so you keep a backup of everything you did before.
- launch AC with the original launcher and just setup your correct resolution and try a session ..... if it works it will create a new folder in the Documents .... sometimes the problem is only there in the Documents.

Norseman

75RPM
Mar 13, 2009
Did you test to launch a race or a session with the original launcher ? ...
So it might already tell us if the problem is for AC in general or maybe Content Manager only if AC can run with its original launcher ?

What you might also try afterwards if it's the same problem with the original AC launcher:
- rename your Documents/Assetto Corsa with such a name " Assetto Corsa BAK" so you keep a backup of everything you did before.
- launch AC with the original launcher and just setup your correct resolution and try a session ..... if it works it will create a new folder in the Documents .... sometimes the problem is only there in the Documents.
I tried it just as original AC in just a single car practice, even after doing a full AC reinstall & removal of documents folder. So it's either the recent Win10 update or an another program interfering? This is so frustrating!

Norseman

75RPM
Mar 13, 2009
I finally solved my issue... But it was one of those deals where I did a few things at once, so not 100% sure which one fixed it. I have a feeling it was going in to the settings and turning on "Force 32 bit"... Not sure though... Just glad I have it fixed now.

Follow RaceDepartment