Content Manager issue with some manual shift cars

I noticed this problem first with the A3DR Dodge Viper. When launched via the CM the Viper will only shift using the paddles. If I launch using the default AC launcher the Viper works with my G29 shifter.

All other cars such as the 911R, GTO 250, Lambo Countach work properly with the shifter when using the CM

Is there a setting with in the CM that determines how a cars transmission is interpreted ?

I noticed this problem first with the A3DR Dodge Viper. When launched via the CM the Viper will only shift using the paddles. If I launch using the default AC launcher the Viper works with my G29 shifter.

All other cars such as the 911R, GTO 250, Lambo Countach work properly with the shifter when using the CM

Is there a setting with in the CM that determines how a cars transmission is interpreted ?
I don't know if I'm doing it differently to you but I've set up three different shifting profiles in CM:
  1. H-pattern
  2. Sequential
  3. Paddles
It's possible to have paddles and h-pattern mapped to the same profile and it *seems* to work so that if a car has manual gears then then my gated shifter will work (and the paddles won't), and vice versa, but sometimes (rarely) it seems to cause conflicts. If I change to the correct profile for the car then everything works fine.

I don't know if I'm over-complicating things by having three profiles or if there's a better (or correct) way to do it, but that's half the fun of Content Manager: working out what it can do, and more importantly - how to do it.

I really wish there was an instruction manual for CM..!

This could be my issue, although not sure why it would only affect the Viper. Shifting profiles are located under Controls ?
From memory its settings>controls. You can save and rename at the bottom. Set up & calibrate everything how you want then save several times under appropriate names, then just alter the shift input for each profile. That way you'll know your wheel calibration, pedal limits, ffb etc are all consistent across every profile.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back