Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

It's compression at file system level, not content (md5s will be the same, so no texture detail is lost ingame). It differs a bit to NTFS compression (it uses compact /exe instead) as it's a compress-once operation per file (this is only supported under W10). Because AC loads everything into memory before going into track, the only extra cpu load that will happen is during race loading, so it won't result in extra cpu usage when it matters. In some cases, loading and decompressing into memory a small file can be quicker than loading a larger file from the same storage.

For this reason, just keep LZX selected for AC, because it offers max compression. OTH on a game that streams assets from your storage and cpu usage must be reduced, a lighter xpress4-16K algorithm is preferable.

If you're doing this to game content on a hdd, then do a defrag once after its done, because the process can cause file fragmentation. No need to worry on a SSD.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I'm on a SSD a 256gb one just for AC. I've just ran the compression tool and gone from 109GB down to 52GB. Amazing. Under folder properties it shows the textures are still the same but space on disk significantly lower. I take it that means it decompresses as it's loaded in to memory?

Introduction
Are you wondering how to get to the Server manager that's built into Content Manager?

Requirements
  1. You must have Content Manager.
Video guide
I'll make one if there's demand for it...

The guide
I’ll cover the Why, what and how.

Why
Unless you enjoy licking eyeballs, using the Server Manager that's included with Content Manager makes it super easy compared to Assetto Corsa's Server Manager IMHO.

What
To access the Server Manager that's included with Content Manager you must first enable the SERVER menu item.

How
  1. In Content Manager
  2. Go to Settings/Content Manager/Appearance
  3. Look for the Links section
  4. Tick the Server checkbox
  5. Now you'll see a new SERVER menu item between CONTENT and SETTINGS.
Image guide

How to enable the SERVER manager in Content Manager

Credits
If you’ve experienced a lot of value from these mods then do show your appreciation to Peter and Ilja by making a donation.
Resources
Related links
My links
My setup
  • Intel i7 7700K
  • Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit
  • Samsung SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB
  • ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse
  • Coolermaster MASTERKEYS PRO S RGB
  • Logitech G27
  • ViewSonic VX4380-4K, 43" 4K Ultra HD Monitor
  • Oculus Rift
  • Corsair RMi Series RM750i — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU
  • Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Edits
  1. First edit.

Introduction
Are you wondering how to get to the Server manager that's built into Content Manager?

Requirements
  1. You must have Content Manager.
Video guide
I'll make one if there's demand for it...

The guide
I’ll cover the Why, what and how.

Why
Unless you enjoy licking eyeballs, using the Server Manager that's included with Content Manager makes it super easy compared to Assetto Corsa's Server Manager IMHO.

What
To access the Server Manager that's included with Content Manager you must first enable the SERVER menu item.

How
  1. In Content Manager
  2. Go to Settings/Content Manager/Appearance
  3. Look for the Links section
  4. Tick the Server checkbox
  5. Now you'll see a new SERVER menu item between CONTENT and SETTINGS.
Image guide

How to enable the SERVER manager in Content Manager

Credits
If you’ve experienced a lot of value from these mods then do show your appreciation to Peter and Ilja by making a donation.
Resources
Related links
My links
My setup
  • Intel i7 7700K
  • Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit
  • Samsung SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB
  • ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse
  • Coolermaster MASTERKEYS PRO S RGB
  • Logitech G27
  • ViewSonic VX4380-4K, 43" 4K Ultra HD Monitor
  • Oculus Rift
  • Corsair RMi Series RM750i — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU
  • Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Edits
  1. First edit.
Your guides are so bloated with useless text, it makes me want to lick my eyeballs... Here, I fixed it for you:

To access the Server Manager that's included with Content Manager you must first enable the SERVER menu item. Go to Settings/Content Manager/Appearance, look for the Links section and tick the Server checkbox. Now you'll see a new SERVER menu item between CONTENT and SETTINGS.

k0yqo1kos3h21.png

This would be enough for everyone to understand what needs to be done. Really.

This would be enough for everyone to understand what needs to be done

Lol, I like what you did there Majuh and part of me does agree with you however this style of writing is designed to be consumed by the many.

I'll need to see the data on whether your way is enough for everyone to understand before I could reach consensus.

spock_wise.gif

Hello All, I have just installed the full version and have it on my desktop.

I am getting an error message Error :- No such interface supported - More Information in log.log.

Can anyone assist me ?

I have checked for error signs against mods and removed those.

Cheers

Chic

You need to put CM.exe in your AC root folder. Just put the shortcut on you desktop; CM and all of its files need to be in the AC folder. Maybe you've already done that, not sure from your description.

Edited to clarify the .exe for CM should be in the root folder.

Last edited:
I have now put it in the AC root folder along with a shortcut to desktop. It is trying but still keeps coming up with the same error message.

Also How do I join SRS Races.
I can Register for a race but where do I join it.

Sorry Bit of a Newbie here.

Chic

Personally, Content Manager is not installed in AC root folder, it may be installed anywhere.
Maybe the desktop should be avoided except a shortcut to launch it.

Content Manager just needs to know where your AC root folder is on your PC.
Therefore, ....
- open Content Manager
- go to Settings tab above at the right
- select Content Manager above at the left
- select General in the list at the left
- find the Assetto Corsa folder ... and it has to be something like that: ....\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

I don't remember if it needs to be "Saved" .... as now I just have a "Change" or a "Open". ;)

For the SRS, sorry I don't know as I'm only driving in leagues.

I don't need to do it .... but who knows ?: could you try launching Content Manager with Administrator Rights ?

If this is not the problem ...
Now where is this log.log ? .... What concerns AC Manager is in the Users/User/Appdata/Local/AcTools Content Manager and there's a Logs folder with such log names: "Main Log_190224_154536.log"

I suppose that's this log which is meant there in this message.

If you find it, could you zip it and send it here ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%