Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I tried on my PC by turning the internet off, but when I go to launch a race it tells me that it can not locate Steam (or something like that) and goes back to the menu.

I was wondering if there is a setting I could switch off or something.

Is there any way to run Content Manager without Steam? Just curious as my girlfriend enjoys AC on her computer, which is offline unless she's downloading a game or something like that, and I'd like her to have access to the features that CM provides too, without the need to constantly have her PC online.
Not, as far as I know since it runs through Steam.

Thanks. I think the same (after much trying). It's a shame though as there are several reasons to sometimes go offline / not have access to the internet, and it'd be frustrating to not be able to use CM during those times.

You're the 4th now that I've seen with the same issue. Withe the latest of both, the time multiplier now works (before it didn't), but the clouds are at a stand still.
I've posted about it on the discord side, its strange.

Just make sure when your testing your saved replays, you have a kunos car and track and a time multiplier no more then 60 (not supported above).
I'm hopeful it will get sorted, but as was mentioned by Peter, Ilja is super busy on the online compatibility...

hi
just downloaded content manager but cannot get past this bit plz help

upload_2019-2-6_11-20-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-6_11-18-40.png
    upload_2019-2-6_11-18-40.png
    74 KB · Views: 459
  • upload_2019-2-6_11-20-26.png
    upload_2019-2-6_11-20-26.png
    74 KB · Views: 644
Sitrep: Downloaded the latest patch for the shaders mod: https://trello.com/b/xq54vHsX/ac-patch

All replays working properly, with the correct weather/time of day effects.

Replays are not working properly. Shorter races and hot laps work fine but longer sessions end with a "Race Cancelled" message in Content Manager with no race results. I haven't been able to determine how long a session can be before the issue occurs.

hi
just downloaded content manager but cannot get past this bit plz help

View attachment 289984

Looks like your screen resolution is smaller then the windows dimensions. There should be an "OK" button below that you have to click. (In image you posted it would be below your taskbar)

The install path could have been wrong by the author.

The above quote is correct. either the author put the folder names into the zip file incorrectly (or not at all), or you may have renamed the folders of your installed cars.

The best way I have found of 'fixing' this is to unzip the package and open your install folder in another window. Now find the cars you want the skins on that they were made for and rename the folders in the unzipped mod to match.

It's tedious, but it's the only way I know of.

Suddenly I get race cancelled as well once I click drive in CM I actually uninstalled AC from Steam then re-installed and same thing WTF

If you have shader patch installed, check your "new loading screen" settings. In there, there is a setting which causes this issue. I´ve had it long time and Ilja advised me how to fix it. Just deactivate it or reset these settings.

Hi all,
Within Content Manager under content, tools is a compress texture option that compresses all DDS and KN5 files for quicker loading and saving disk space. Has anyone tried this yet? and with what results? I don't want to ruin my collection of skins with great textures to a bunch of lego. I am backed up and might run it tomorrow. I was just enquiring if anyone else had already done it and to please share their findings.

Hi all,
Within Content Manager under content, tools is a compress texture option that compresses all DDS and KN5 files for quicker loading and saving disk space. Has anyone tried this yet? and with what results? I don't want to ruin my collection of skins with great textures to a bunch of lego. I am backed up and might run it tomorrow. I was just enquiring if anyone else had already done it and to please share their findings.
Hi! The compressionctool is an awesome feature! I use it sometimes to compress downloaded mods. If you use the suggested algorithm you will be able to compress your AC folder to 1/3 of the original space. Since i started to use this tool, i had no problem with corrupt or damaged files.

It works fine. It uses W10 file compression (use the recommended CM setting). It changes nothing in terms of access to files, moving, deleting etc. The compression does take a bit of time, depending how big your AC footprint is.

Close everything (except CM), well I did, and dont use the pc while compression, just to give the OS all of its resources to compress. It saves a big chunk of space (if I remember correctly, it saved 40-50% of space by compressing.

And load times are much snappier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing