Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Hi all, fairly new to AC and sim racing, very new to VR.

Struggling to get VR working when launching AC from Content Manager. Already spent several hours trying to fix this and haven't found anything that's worked.

Launching AC from steam works ok but much prefer the UI and speed of CM to start/close the game.

This is how I have the video tab configured:

7bfb0759d8.png

Any help much appreciated.

TIA

edit: might have helped if I'd mentioned that nothing happens in VR headset when I launch AC from CM

Last edited:
I have the full version. I can race in a custom championship, but can't create one. Please tell me how then...

Steam achievements you know the meaningless medals you got for doing :poop:...:whistling:
Post above explains how. I know what a Steam achievement is, what I don't get is what about them? Like what exactly is the negative?

Hi all, fairly new to AC and sim racing, very new to VR.

Struggling to get VR working when launching AC from Content Manager. Already spent several hours trying to fix this and haven't found anything that's worked.

Launching AC from steam works ok but much prefer the UI and speed of CM to start/close the game.

This is how I have the video tab configured:

7bfb0759d8.png

Any help much appreciated.

TIA

edit: might have helped if I'd mentioned that nothing happens in VR headset when I launch AC from CM
Don't think there is anything wrong with those settings.
I myself start steam, then start oculus home, then press go from CM, that's it. Found if I don't have steam running first then it opens AC from default

Don't think there is anything wrong with those settings.
I myself start steam, then start oculus home, then press go from CM, that's it. Found if I don't have steam running first then it opens AC from default

Steam already running, but thanks.

I dont know much about VR but in your settings
Oculus
Pixels per display 1

Is that correct? Seems like there would need to be more pixels per screen

The Pixels per display slider goes from 1 to 2.5. I've no idea what it actually does but AC won't launch in VR whatever position it's in.

The Pixels per display slider goes from 1 to 2.5. I've no idea what it actually does but AC won't launch in VR whatever position it's in.

This is your supersampling. 1 is default. Increasing it will sharpen up the image in VR, but may reduce your frames per second. Try 1.3 - 1.5.

This is your supersampling. 1 is default. Increasing it will sharpen up the image in VR, but may reduce your frames per second. Try 1.3 - 1.5.

Cheers, I'll have a play around with that and find the system's sweet spot... if I get it working again! See below.

Hz refers to your monitor,if your monitor isnt 90Hz put that at 60

I did have it set to 144hz before installing the Oculus Rift. I'd read somewhere that 90 frames per second was achievable so set accordingly, assuming it referred to VR. Will put back to 144.

As dumb as it may sound but we have to make one thing sure first: Does AC start in Single Display Mode from CM? That's pretty important.

Yes, I'd been playing AC launched from CM without issue for a few weeks prior to installing the HMD. With the settings in the CM screenshot above, the game just launches in a 1920 x 1080 window on a 2560 x 1440 monitor. VR headset just displays its home screen.

After shutting PC down an hour ago, AC now won't display in VR even when launched from Steam (no settings changed). It just launches in 1080p on monitor. ACC and other games launch and play ok from Steam.

What do you have for the settings page of Content Manager, Content manager settings, Drive tab in the left hand side menu, first option "Game starter"? If it's not "official (recommended)" you might try that. Good luck.

Did you also try Open VR mode an check if that works?
Also, make sure you have enabled "Unkown sources" in Oculus Settings. Maybe it got disabled by some weird update.

Found some weird solution on reddit for what seems to be the same issue. Could you try that?
https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocor...arting_ac_out_of_content_manager_with_oculus/

Had Unknown Sources enabled right from the start, no issues with it getting disabled.

I came across that reddit post yesterday when searching for a solution. I wasn't sure exactly how to execute it though.

"you could rename the original launcher to “AssettoCorsa_original.exe” and put Content Manager on its place"

First part is simple enough, but I was unsure about the CM part. I tried renaming CM's .exe to AssettoCorsa.exe and putting it in AC's root folder. It didn't work.

Now to the good part :)... Changing the Rendering mode to OpenVR has done the trick! I feel dumb for not even considered it worth trying. Very happy to get this fixed. Many thanks. CM is such a useful piece of software for searching and filtering tracks and cars, and the preset functions are such time savers.

What do you have for the settings page of Content Manager, Content manager settings, Drive tab in the left hand side menu, first option "Game starter"? If it's not "official (recommended)" you might try that. Good luck.

It was set to AppID. Changing it to Official doesn't enable the game to launch in VR when Rendering mode is set to Oculus Rift.

When Rendering mode is set to OpenVR, it will launch in VR but takes longer to load the game. AppID takes 10 seconds to be in the game from hitting Go, whereas Official takes 24 seconds.

Thanks to everyone for helping out.

I'm glad you are now able to use CM to launch AC in VR. However, I would not consider it fixed but rather view it as a workaround. You noticed the longer loading times but it can also affect the performance (at least that's what some people report).

Unfortunately I still don't have any clue on what could cause this strange issue. Not even sure if it's a CM bug or something else.

Maybe there's some error or warning message in some log file of AC when you try to start it in Oculus Rift mode? May be worth to try it again and just pack all those log files and attach them here. In case you don't know it, they're in your Documents folder inside "Assetto Cora/logs".

As far as using OpenVR, the longer loading time was from setting the Game starter to Official (as elloLeo Kinnunen suggested) which took 24 seconds to load the game.

With Game starter set to AppID (also using OpenVR), it only takes 10 seconds. That is damn quick!

For comparison, launching from Steam it takes 34 seconds.

Just had a long session with AC and Oculus headset with no noticeable decrease in performance using OpenVR.

I'll take a look at logs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.1%
  • < 5 years