Content Manager and VR

• Thread starter Deleted member 379375
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 379375

• Deleted member 379375

I have Content Manager and VR, After loads of testing in order to get the best FPS I have gone back to a vanilla AC and generally do not run CM as for some reason I can't get to the bottom of I get 45 FPS when running CM (89.5 reported FPS without). .That;s at Spa with online with a full grid. I have removed any shaders and mods and reinstalled AC and CM after deleting the CM folder in My Documents but still have the issue.is anyone else seeing this?

How about some people test with and without and post their results. One thing to note I had to reboot the PC last time I tested to get my 90 FPS back.

Bumping up this thread with my own issue here. I have MORE fps than I need to keep a steady 90fps and decent headroom above 20%. When launched through CM it will not lock the framerate. This sends GPU usage over the top and the Rift headset even runs hotter. Exit CM, go vanilla AC and steady framerate lock at 90fps. Will try OTT with CM but nothing else I've tried gets CM to lock framerate with a Rift.

Same guys. I've been raging at the Rift for a while now as many while know but I am having absolutely no trouble with ANY sim at the moment, except for AC run through CM. It's so strange. Vanilla launcher is smooth as with 30 - 40 % overhead. Not a single drop in 3 laps. Launch through CM, same overhead but terrible performance, drops everywhere for no reason.

I've deleted and backed up the documents and app data folders of CM and have started from scratch. Am yet to jump in and test but it's really strange. I don't know what made me test without it. I think it was the fact that Raceroom and rF2, both notoriously bad performers in the past, were running fantastic. This narrowed it down to an AC problem rather than a Rift problem as I've had on so many occasions in the recent past. Once iRacing ran flawlessly I knew there was a definite local issue with AC. Without CM, performance remains as per the other titles. With CM, I would never even bother if it were to stay like this. I'd rather vanilla launcher and proper performance than the other way around.

Will report back once I test later on with the refreshed documents folders.

• Deleted member 379375

I have Content Manager and VR, After loads of testing in order to get the best FPS I have gone back to a vanilla AC and generally do not run CM as for some reason I can't get to the bottom of I get 45 FPS when running CM (89.5 reported FPS without). .That;s at Spa with online with a full grid. I have removed any shaders and mods and reinstalled AC and CM after deleting the CM folder in My Documents but still have the issue.is anyone else seeing this?

How about some people test with and without and post their results. One thing to note I had to reboot the PC last time I tested to get my 90 FPS back.

I have managed to fix n my issue.
I tried everything I could think of but nothing made any difference .
What did cure it was just saving my settings as a profile!
Just the standard default setting saved as a named profile returned my fps to the same as vanilla AC

It took me a while to find and it's a shame about the lack of CM support for paid members through traditional channels (email, forums) but it is a very useful product.

I think the fact that it's a donation rather than a purchase sort of lends itself to these situations. I've used CM for ages and never had this come up. Just this week I noticed this happen. I'll try the solutions and see how I go.

So what seems to have done it for me is reverting the starter to OFFICIAL. I am not sure what it was on before, I don't remember. Perhaps in an update, something changed that option without me knowing? It's an immediate difference. You only need around 10 seconds to realise something is wrong with the wrong starter. It's amazing how bad it is.

Anyway using Official seems to be the performance I get when using the standard AC launcher, but I still get the use CM. I don't think I could use the standard one now with being in leagues and all the different tracks we use. If I find anything else useful I'll report back.

• Deleted member 197115

So what seems to have done it for me is reverting the starter to OFFICIAL. I am not sure what it was on before, I don't remember. Perhaps in an update, something changed that option without me knowing? It's an immediate difference. You only need around 10 seconds to realise something is wrong with the wrong starter. It's amazing how bad it is.

Anyway using Official seems to be the performance I get when using the standard AC launcher, but I still get the use CM. I don't think I could use the standard one now with being in leagues and all the different tracks we use. If I find anything else useful I'll report back.
Did AppID work for you, should be faster?

AppID was what it was on, I'm pretty sure. I can't remember what it was on before I started having problems but using Official cures all the frame drops. It's very strange. AC is normally the benchmark for how optimally VR should be and is capable of being run.

I will bump this thread again regarding the low framerates in VR in case someone still has that problem. In my case I have found the culprit: You may think you're running in full screen mode, but you could be in windowed mode. To verify, press Alt+Enter... If assetto does not switch to a window, then you're could be running full screen windowed mode without realizing. In such case, Pressing Alt+Enter will apparently do nothing but it does, as it switches from full screen windowed mode and true full screen. To verify which is the true full screen, open an fps counter and try Alt+Enter. The highest fps is the true full screen mode. Be aware that task switching or hitting the window key will always return you to windowed mode (if you see the start menu on top of your assetto full screen, then you are in windowed mode). I know it works because that is the only way I can get 90Hz from a Geforce GTX 1050 (on the external views only). note: in my launcher.ini I have FULLSCREEN=1 hope it helps.

I have issues with the Rift in AC when running full screen. The menu and HUD are mis aligned in game when it's running full screen. It's a pain to run windowed because the mouse loses focus in game but it's the only way I've been able to make sure I can see the start lights, the race time and also the menu when you hit exit. Sometimes they appear half off screen out of vision.

I have issues with the Rift in AC when running full screen. The menu and HUD are mis aligned in game when it's running full screen. It's a pain to run windowed because the mouse loses focus in game but it's the only way I've been able to make sure I can see the start lights, the race time and also the menu when you hit exit. Sometimes they appear half off screen out of vision.
I run in full screen but set resolution to 1920 x 1080, even though I have triple screens

I can confirm the performance-issue when running AC with CM. First i thought it was my settings/custom shaders patch that drained my GPU. But no settings in CM changed it to the better. I was running in 45 fps mostly.
Running a 4790k with a overclocked 980ti and Oculus Rift CV1.

When i have gotten through all possible settings in CM i tried running AC in the vanilla-launcher and it was buttersmooth! Googled the problem and found this thread and was happy reading i wasn't the only one with this issue.
As you guys mentioned here in the thread, changing Game Starter from AppID to Official did the trick! :)

Also the tickbox and slider that Limits the framerate to a certain value e.g 90 hz was also bad for framerate. Leave it automatic, at least in VR with Rift is my experience.
Cheers!

GamestarterCM.png

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Interesting, tried both launchers, official and AppID with benchmark and fpsVR and got almost identical results, Official was even a tad slower in one of 4 runs but statistically seems the same.
Not disputing your experience, wondering what is it in your or other users with similar findings systems that might cause that.
Is it paid CM, or free version, latest CSP patch (205), I assume?

I can confirm the performance-issue when running AC with CM. First i thought it was my settings/custom shaders patch that drained my GPU. But no settings in CM changed it to the better. I was running in 45 fps mostly.
Running a 4790k with a overclocked 980ti and Oculus Rift CV1.

When i have gotten through all possible settings in CM i tried running AC in the vanilla-launcher and it was buttersmooth! Googled the problem and found this thread and was happy reading i wasn't the only one with this issue.
As you guys mentioned here in the thread, changing Game Starter from AppID to Official did the trick! :)

Also the tickbox and slider that Limits the framerate to a certain value e.g 90 hz was also bad for framerate. Leave it automatic, at least in VR with Rift is my experience.
Cheers!

View attachment 326785

Well... of course CSP is going to lower the framerate. Did you try launching through CM with CSP completely disabled/uninstalled? Even if you turn off all the features available to turn off there's probably plenty of back-end elements still running without options to disable. Give 'er a go with it uninstalled and compare then.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%