Content Manager and VR

• Thread starter Deleted member 379375
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 379375

• Deleted member 379375

I have Content Manager and VR, After loads of testing in order to get the best FPS I have gone back to a vanilla AC and generally do not run CM as for some reason I can't get to the bottom of I get 45 FPS when running CM (89.5 reported FPS without). .That;s at Spa with online with a full grid. I have removed any shaders and mods and reinstalled AC and CM after deleting the CM folder in My Documents but still have the issue.is anyone else seeing this?

How about some people test with and without and post their results. One thing to note I had to reboot the PC last time I tested to get my 90 FPS back.

• Deleted member 379375

CM has many more options for display quality and also can use any pp filter with rift not just the default one. Most likely your cm settings are just more demanding than your settings on vanilla launcher.
For me at least fps stays the same between both launchers..

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that may be the case , that's why I deleted the My Documents folder before re-installing so I'd have a fresh, default installation.
That suggests CM will apply 'enhancements' out of the box and you need to de-tune it to maintain your original FPS.

Reporting same problem here... Tryed iracing and RRE ... only assetto lag.. Its very strange, after 2 minutes of playing it start to lag but only when i move whit the VR.
My fps as dropped since last update but im still at 45 or 90 many times....
Guys someone finds a solution or report it to CM dev ?

Thanks

• Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 379375

Thanks for the links.

I've run some more tests and I think it's CM overriding my nvidia settings as the graphics look inferior when running CM.
I've posted on CM forum so will see what they say.
I know setting VR can be a fiddle , I've spent some time finding my best balance between appearance and performance the result being it looks nice and I get high frames rates. I just don't want Content Manager messing things up. It's a great tool otherwise.

• Deleted member 197115

Are you on Oculus, using any weather mods?
There is a checkbox to use custom weather in Oculus, what CM does it replaces default.ini PP with procedurally generated or selected in settings PP filter.
At the moment it only does it for Rift, not OpenVR, that will be fixed in the upcoming release.
Otherwise VR is always using default.ini

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston, I have got a Vive too and came across the same observation. When you go back and launch AC directly it will always look different because it uses the original settings while CM keeps its own setup.

Also, you can make more changes to the settings in CM than in AC. I recently did a fresh install of AC and I can confirm that it looks exactly the same when launched with CM. I have then loaded a video setting from before into CM, tweaked nvidia settings to what I thought are my best settings and compared the results with a saved replay of when the graphics were perfect and it looks exactly the same.

I have noticed that you can very bad effects with the Vive if it is not centered and leveled in front of your eyes and I always thought that this was a stupid thing to happen but it happens quite easily. In my case it gives me a lot more screen door effect and blurry image when not exactly fitted (again, not only the height but also the horizon needs to be absolutely level. I have spend some time searching elsewhere I can tell you....

• Deleted member 197115

Are you talking about pitch settings in AC or vertical positioning of HMD itself?
Although I think they both work in tandem, get one wrong and you are not looking through the lenses sweet spot.

• Deleted member 379375

Is it possible to have CM load AC with AC's setting ONLY?
No matter what I try I get 45 FPS and I have tried turning everything down in CM so it looks like crap and I still only get 45 FPS. I like some of the additional launch options in CM but don't want it to touch AC's graphics.

Guys, please read up on Asynchronous Spacewarp and Asynchronous Timewarp, especially if you have a Rift. Getting 45FPS is entirely normal and only means that your PC cannot currently maintain full 90FPS. If you'd theoretically get 89FPS, the Oculus software will automatically lock to 45 and do frame doubling and use ASW and ATW to keep your head movement at 90FPS. That provides a smoother experience creating less motion sickness than anything between 45FPS and 90FPS. This is at the cost of very minor artifacts.

It has absolutely nothing to do with CM and getting anything below 90FPS is pretty common in AC when a lot of cars are in play. If you so desire and think you want to get rid of ASW and ATW then google Oculus Traytool and disable it from there. Then you'll get your FPS numbers higher than 45, but lower than 90.

The absolute only thing that CM does differently is that it enables you to use a different PP-filter for VR other than default with some background PP-Filter renaming trickery. So if you want stock settings, then just select the default filter for your VR video settings preset in CM.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

Hi Jayenn

AS i said earlier I get 90 FPS when running AC without CM. I am fully aware pf AS and AT.

As a summary I get 90 FPS normally without AC.
I get 45 when AC is started with CM.
I have removed all AC mods and reinstalled AC.
I have removed/deleted everything I can find CM related and reinstalled.
Result still only 45FPS with CM 90 without.
I have reduced every graphical setting in CM with dire results on appearance, result looks crap and guess what, 45 FPS!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 89 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 127 13.7%