Connection really slow

Hey yall,

I love to use racedepartment. However the download speed is *horribly* slow. I get no more than 200kbps, sometimes much less. My internet connection on other sites is much faster.

I considered getting premium, but I do not want to pay money is I cant really use the service cause the servers are too slow.

Am I doing something wrong`? I even read other forum threads of people with the same issue but there is never a solution

Neilski

Staff
Premium
The server is experiencing exceptional load for the last few days - see here for one of my recent posts. We're also working on some other changes in the medium term which should make things better.

Once again the download speeds are still slow and the solutions do not present themselves here readily. Please any information as to what updates if any would at least help. Its been going on far too long now.

Neilski

Staff
Premium
Once again the download speeds are still slow and the solutions do not present themselves here readily. Please any information as to what updates if any would at least help. Its been going on far too long now.

The work that is currently under way is intended to accomplish two things in particular:
  1. prevent high demand for downloads from causing the main website (forums etc.) to become unresponsive
  2. for downloads, provide preferential treatment for Premium members
This will improve the overall site experience for all users at peak times. However, it will obviously make downloads for non-Premium users slower when the site's bandwidth is at full capacity.
For non-Premium users, the simple answer for getting good download speeds will still be to download at off-peak times (e.g. morning for western Europe).

The work that is currently under way is intended to accomplish two things in particular:
  1. prevent high demand for downloads from causing the main website (forums etc.) to become unresponsive
  2. for downloads, provide preferential treatment for Premium members
This will improve the overall site experience for all users at peak times. However, it will obviously make downloads for non-Premium users slower when the site's bandwidth is at full capacity.
For non-Premium users, the simple answer for getting good download speeds will still be to download at off-peak times (e.g. morning for western Europe).
Are there any news? Because the website feels very responsive but the download speed caps at 130kb/s even though there shouldnt be a cap?
Thanks in advance

Neilski

Staff
Premium
Are there any news? Because the website feels very responsive but the download speed caps at 130kb/s even though there shouldnt be a cap?
Thanks in advance
Not sure why you mean by "shouldn't be a cap" - the site bandwidth is limited and it's shared between many users.
This post has some useful background info, and yes there have been some updates since my last post in this thread - essentially both #1 and #2 in my post above are now in place.

If you mean 130 kB/s (B for Byte, b for bit) then yes this is the kind of download speed that you will probably experience at peak times as a non-Premium member (it's roughly 1 Mb/s). If you really do mean 130 kb/s then something else is going on (again, see the background info post I have linked above).

Last edited:

RaceDepartment Store

Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Add-On Side Arms for an existing Single Monitor Stand (80mm high x 40mm wide) For Monitors and TVs up to 45" Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year warranty...
Use the ClubSport Handbrake Clamp Adapter in combination with a ClubSport Shifter Table Clamp (not included) to mount the ClubSport Handbrake to a table vertically or horizontally. The hole pattern and the slotted holes provide adjustability for your preferences. Buy now from Fanatec.com for...
Upgrade the appearance and feel of your CSL Pedals with anodised aluminium pedal plates. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 34,95 FEATURES Designed specifically for the CSL Pedals, including Clutch Kit and Load Cell Kit Three pedal plates included made of two parts: Anodised aluminium front...
  • Featured
Designed specifically for the CSL DD, the Boost Kit 180 provides more power to the direct-drive wheel base to enable the highest performance. This provides much stronger feedback, and as a result, you’ll feel the subtle cues more clearly too. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 149,95 Features...
Officially licensed by McLaren Automotive Limited, this is a full-size, detailed reproduction of the steering wheel used in McLaren GT3 race cars. The overall shape, as well as the size of the switches, paddles, and dials is based on original McLaren CAD data. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR...
This triple monitor stand will help recreate an authentic racing environment and bring you closer to a pilot’s experience. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 299,95 Features Mount up to 3 monitors of 27" and that weight up to 10 kg (per monitor) directly onto your cockpit Adjustable height...