Connect wheel to AMS 2

Hi,

I recently purchased Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals and DD2 Podium base Formula wheel thanks to this forum.
problem is, I cannot set them up in AMS 2. It doesn't seem to find them.
I was able to set them up with no problems in F1 2019 and Assetto Corsa, so it isn't a driver issue.

Also looked up Youtube videos and they had the same setting as me, but their wheel and pedals were functional.

Uploaded photo of settings down below (also tried combined, not just separate)
When I calibrate and turn the wheel or press the pedals, nothing happens. Seems like AMS doesn't recognize them.

I also re-installed the software, but that didn't help either.
Please help me out. I just spent an arm and a leg on this new hardware and I would like to start driving.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ams 2 wheels pedal problem.png
    ams 2 wheels pedal problem.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Solution
Have you tried changing the Make to "Custom" and assigning the control mapping manually? That seems to solve a lot of issues. Another thing to try is deleting your control settings for AMS2 from My Documents and then booting the game up again (sorry, off the top of my head I can't remember where they are exactly).
One other thing to add is that I have found AMS2 seems to look for the axis 'returning' before it reports it as a 'detection'. I turn the wheel approx 180 in the desired direction, then return it to centre to trigger it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%