Connect wheel to AMS 2

Hi,

I recently purchased Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals and DD2 Podium base Formula wheel thanks to this forum.
problem is, I cannot set them up in AMS 2. It doesn't seem to find them.
I was able to set them up with no problems in F1 2019 and Assetto Corsa, so it isn't a driver issue.

Also looked up Youtube videos and they had the same setting as me, but their wheel and pedals were functional.

Uploaded photo of settings down below (also tried combined, not just separate)
When I calibrate and turn the wheel or press the pedals, nothing happens. Seems like AMS doesn't recognize them.

I also re-installed the software, but that didn't help either.
Please help me out. I just spent an arm and a leg on this new hardware and I would like to start driving.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ams 2 wheels pedal problem.png
    ams 2 wheels pedal problem.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Solution
Have you tried changing the Make to "Custom" and assigning the control mapping manually? That seems to solve a lot of issues. Another thing to try is deleting your control settings for AMS2 from My Documents and then booting the game up again (sorry, off the top of my head I can't remember where they are exactly).
No it shouldn't matter. I have just checked on my setup. I am currently running a Fanatec DD1 with HE sprints. In my game all I have done is,

Control scheme:
Type: Wheel
Make: Fanatec
Model: Fanatec DD1 Formula V2 rim separate pedals

I did not need to do any calibration and I also left the configuration tab with default values.

Next I went to edit assignments. I then went through every option and manually set my steering, pedals, and mapped all inputs to my rim and button box.

No it shouldn't matter. I have just checked on my setup. I am currently running a Fanatec DD1 with HE sprints. In my game all I have done is,

Control scheme:
Type: Wheel
Make: Fanatec
Model: Fanatec DD1 Formula V2 rim separate pedals

I did not need to do any calibration and I also left the configuration tab with default values.

Next I went to edit assignments. I then went through every option and manually set my steering, pedals, and mapped all inputs to my rim and button box.

It works for the pedals but not for the wheel, even though it is connected to my computer and turned on. Also agreed to high torque setting. But when I set the wheel, shirt paddles, nothing happens.
Under assignments I can't set up steer left or right but I can set up and down shifts. But they don't work when driving.

Edit: When I select combined pedals, the count starts at 0 and I can setup the wheel but when still can't assign it.

In game I can now not brake/accelarate or steer but I can up/down shift.
Been at it over 12 hours, this is getting frustrating.

Last edited:
That is indeed very strange. Since you report everything is perfectly functional in other games that leads to my next question. Are you perhaps running any mods on top of AMS 2? It may be worth reinstalling the game as a last ditch effort.

That is indeed very strange. Since you report everything is perfectly functional in other games that leads to my next question. Are you perhaps running any mods on top of AMS 2? It may be worth reinstalling the game as a last ditch effort.

Not running mods and I have already reinstalled the software.
My pedals are working, I can up/down shift but I cannot turn left or right. When I try to assign, it won't let me. But I can set up steer left right with a button, just not by turning the wheel.

Perhaps I can edit a file in the AMS2 folder and map it myself, rather than turning the wheel?

EDIT: When using separate wheel/pedals, pedals work.
When I use combined, neither works. Except up/down shifts.

But when using separate, I can't set up the wheel.

Last edited:
That may be possible. Could you try the solution listed here?

I understand your not using an SC2 but it indicates you can do a custom wheel map and that may do the trick. It also listed a specific steps for the pedals.

That may be possible. Could you try the solution listed here?

I understand your not using an SC2 but it indicates you can do a custom wheel map and that may do the trick. It also listed a specific steps for the pedals.

Thanks, one step left to go. I set up pedals and steer left and right. But when I go back to control scheme and calibrate the wheel, it stays at 0. Pedals do get calibrated.
I can switch to combined and the wheel will calibrate but then the pedals can't.

Damn sorry to hear that, unfortunately I am out of ideas :unsure: . Perhaps it would be worth opening a thread on reizastudios official help and support forum. I imagine they would have the most extensive experience troubleshooting such things. Perhaps they have some staff on this site, I see RD adds on their forum. And if they are anything like Heusinkveld I know Enzo monitors RD threads and offers help to HE customers.

I spoke to them but they don't know either. There's a message on the dashboard that says calibrating).
Could it be that I have to follow up on this?

1) Attached hardware
2) Installed 2 DD2 drivers
3) opened software and tried to assign the pedals

Is there something obvious I am missing? I used the bottom left + Y to change the setting from Xbox to PC.

Would really love to get this sorted so I can finally start driving!
Thanks!

Last edited:
The Heusinkveld pedals are currently not connected directly to the wheel. The box only connects to the PC. But they do work when I try and set them up, so the wheel should be the issue.

The wheel just started smelling funny so I turned it off.
Now my force feedback is gone.

I cannot believe how awful this stuff is. I spent 2800 euro's and all I have gotten is stress.
For every minute you sim race, you spend 20 minutes being stressed out.

Last edited:
It works for the pedals but not for the wheel, even though it is connected to my computer and turned on. Also agreed to high torque setting. But when I set the wheel, shirt paddles, nothing happens.
Under assignments I can't set up steer left or right but I can set up and down shifts. But they don't work when driving.

Edit: When I select combined pedals, the count starts at 0 and I can setup the wheel but when still can't assign it.

In game I can now not brake/accelarate or steer but I can up/down shift.
Been at it over 12 hours, this is getting frustrating.
I have the identical issues since the latest update. I have spent too much time with no results.

Have you tried changing the Make to "Custom" and assigning the control mapping manually? That seems to solve a lot of issues. Another thing to try is deleting your control settings for AMS2 from My Documents and then booting the game up again (sorry, off the top of my head I can't remember where they are exactly).

Solution
I came very close to refunding the game due to this issue. I got it working by setting the rotation to 270 deg outside the game, turning the wheel fully to the right, pause for a second then letting it go. It should register turn to the right. At that point save the config. Exit the game restart and then do the same for the other direction.

It really is a crapshot whether it will detect or give the "multiple inputs" error though.

I came very close to refunding the game due to this issue. I got it working by setting the rotation to 270 deg outside the game, turning the wheel fully to the right, pause for a second then letting it go. It should register turn to the right. At that point save the config. Exit the game restart and then do the same for the other direction.

It really is a crapshot whether it will detect or give the "multiple inputs" error though.
Crapshot is right. I was really getting to enjoy the title, but since the last hotfix, my controller issues started. I tried again the remedy you and others have suggested just tonight. I got frustrated and drove ACC instead.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%