Connect pedals

Hello,
I going to buy pedals from Simtag, which I can connect in two ways(USB or to Simcube by CAT5) and I can`t decide, maybe someone is able to advise me which option will be better?

- CAT5 - you can connect the pedal directly to the OSW analog input. You can calibrate in the Direct Drive program, the range. The only problem, those boards have just 3V input, for the pedal the optimal is 5V. The OSW use 16bit encoder.
- USB Leo Bodnar connection: It has 5V so the range is bigger, you can measure more force on the brake pedal, but it has 10bit encoder.
Less resolution with more force is the USB.
More resolution with less force is the CAT5.

I am more determined on USB because I think the resolution will be ok anyway, and for this is a more universal connector. But before I make my decision, I would like to make sure that someone has some experience.

Hello,
I going to buy pedals from Simtag, which I can connect in two ways(USB or to Simcube by CAT5) and I can`t decide, maybe someone is able to advise me which option will be better?

- CAT5 - you can connect the pedal directly to the OSW analog input. You can calibrate in the Direct Drive program, the range. The only problem, those boards have just 3V input, for the pedal the optimal is 5V. The OSW use 16bit encoder.
- USB Leo Bodnar connection: It has 5V so the range is bigger, you can measure more force on the brake pedal, but it has 10bit encoder.
Less resolution with more force is the USB.
More resolution with less force is the CAT5.

I am more determined on USB because I think the resolution will be ok anyway, and for this is a more universal connector. But before I make my decision, I would like to make sure that someone has some experience.
I am building my own pedals fairly similar to Simtag and I am using a standard USB. Less hassle, more simple and if you ever change wheel in the future it will not involve any fussing about with the pedals. Hope that helped :D

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back