Confusing Experience trying to buy DTM online

I made the decision today to relent and purchase DTM experience. The reason is that I really enjoyed the new Audi in R3E and I figured I waited long enough to buy DTM.

So I click on the icon in R3E and I am given two choices:
1) Buy the 2013 game only for €24.99
2) buy the game plus the code for the 2014 edition for €39.99

#2 is what I want so I read the instructions and I click on "Buy Redeem Code" for €39.99.

Except that when I click on that it takes me to a link (http://store.dtm-experience.com/game.html) where the game costs 24.99. Clearly not the one I want.
So I go back to R3E and click on the other option. That one keeps me inside the steam system and gives me various choices for purchasing credits, but the price I see listed is 2900vRP which also amounts to around €24.99 if my math is correct.

By the way, the reason why I am not buying it here on RD is because I already have the free car and track they are offering.

What is going on? Is the price lower now? Why wouldn't I be able to buy the €39.99 package?

I should point out that my expertise is in e-commerce, so I am not a babe in the woods when it comes to buy things online (At the same time, building shopping carts doesn't mean I am immune from brain farts).

this is not a very clear interface and certainly not an intuitive process.

Now, it's possible that upon following one of the two paths, I can then pay for the code and get both the 2013 game and the 2014 code, but nothing assures me of that and I don't know what would happen if I buy the wrong package. Am I then forced to play the 2013 game and buy the 2014 one full price when it comes out?

If someone has completed the transaction directly from R3E or knows of a place where I can do it, pay with paypal and get the download immediately, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/pc-dtm-experience.1991/

Purchase DTM Experience via the Buy Now button for only 39,95 Euro and receive:

• DTM Experience 2013 for PC
    • 2014 Season Pass, free upgrade to 2014 specs when available.
    • Multiplayer mode when available.
    • Exclusive bonus content from RaceRoom Racing Experience: Audi R8 LMS Ultra and Bathurst
yes, I mention this page in my post. But apparently Simbin no longer has a place to buy the same package.

I did not want to use this offer because I cannot really use the free track and car, plus the way it is phrased it looks like it may take some time to get the code in the email.

But since this is really the only place where this offer is still available, I already went ahead and purchased it. I just would like for somebody to explain what is going on with the online purchasing options all going to the lesser package.

Aaaaaannnnddddd..... sure enough, I received the paypal receipt, but no confirmation from RD. My guess is that some poor sap will check the sales manually and then he will send me an email with the steam code at some point.

That point may or may not be this weekend which means I am not racing DTM until that happens. That's why I didn't want to buy it here as I had guessed this was the setup.

I am OK with it, I just would have preferred to buy it online and activate it right away so I could drive the DTM cars this evening. Tough luck.

BTW, can I donate the free car and track to someone else through Steam?

Aaaaaannnnddddd..... sure enough, I received the paypal receipt, but no confirmation from RD. My guess is that some poor sap will check the sales manually and then he will send me an email with the steam code at some point.

That point may or may not be this weekend which means I am not racing DTM until that happens. That's why I didn't want to buy it here as I had guessed this was the setup.

I am OK with it, I just would have preferred to buy it online and activate it right away so I could drive the DTM cars this evening. Tough luck.

BTW, can I donate the free car and track to someone else through Steam?

Bram will send you the code within 24 hours. I got mine within about 8 hours. You will get it.

Bram will send you the code within 24 hours. I got mine within about 8 hours. You will get it.

I have no doubt about that. Thanks. But I am still puzzled by the online interface. I guess I'll never know.
As far as racing the DTM tonight, it's getting too late anyway (I am in the US) I guess it'll be a weekend treat.

I have to say, after driving the R3E DTM in SP mode, they have improved those cars a lot. Nice handling. That's actually what sold me and convinced me to buy it.

You'll enjoy it and Im sure Bram will get back with you in the morning. Im in the US too and Bram is in the UK I believe so very different time zones. I purchased mine on a Friday night also and got my key Saturday morning.

That's interesting. So Simbin has terminated the offer, but it is still available in R3E as a promotion, only when you click on it it takes you to the lower priced option only. That explains why I was getting confused. Simbin got lazy and changed the offer, but not the advertising for it.

If it helps, in my OP there is a brief description of what I found when I tried to buy the bundle (which is still advertised on R3E). In essence, both links (DTM 2013 and the Bundle) go to separate pages that offer the same thing: a DTM 2013 access to the game but not the 2014 access (at least judging from the price of about 25 EUROs).

Since I wanted to buy the access to the 2014 game more than I actually want the 2013 game, I tried multiple times to reach an offer for the 2014 game. Without success.

I think you guys (Simbin) should know that because regardless of who is in charge of the sales and marketing, it still reflects on you guys as far as we users are concerned..

You can indeed give the code to somebody else. Our Bundle offer comes with a code for DTM Experience and a separate code for the extra free track and car.
Great. I was thinking I could give it to someone on the forum that made a good case for getting it (according to other posters) or maybe you guys could give it away as a prize for a club race. I can't use it anyway.

Speaking of which, so far I have not received anything other than the Paypal receipt. No code.

Sorry Bram, I checked all over and there is no trace of it. I searched under "dtm" and under "race department" and "department" and "race" and then I went through the results manually.

I found several promotional emails dated in April from both the DTM game, R3E and race department (the latter forum notifications) but none that looked like a code.

The only thing I received is the following. I also searched for info at racedepartment.com and found other receipts for payment but all older.

Is there something else I should search for or can it be sent again?
(Sorry to be a pain)

May 16, 2014 19:12:20 PDT
Transaction ID: 39G10940WM625200P

You sent a payment of 39.95 EUR to Department Network. (info at rpmnet.org)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
Department Network
info at rpmnet.orgInstructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.
DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
DTM Experience PC Race game Season Pass 2013/2014
Item# RD2014-DTME€39.95 EUR1€39.95 EUR

Subtotal€39.95 EUR
Total€39.95 EUR
Payment€39.95 EUR
Payment sent to info at rpmnet.org

Sorry Bram, I checked all over and there is no trace of it. I searched under "dtm" and under "race department" and "department" and "race" and then I went through the results manually.

I found several promotional emails dated in April from both the DTM game, R3E and race department (the latter forum notifications) but none that looked like a code.

The only thing I received is the following. I also searched for info@rpmnet.org and found other receipts for payment but all older.

Is there something else I should search for or can it be sent again?
(Sorry to be a pain)

Mine looked like this:

SUBJECT: DTM Experience bundle codes

Hello,
Thanks for purchasing DTM Experience from RaceDepartment.com
Please use the following instructions to install your DTM Experience game plus the exclusive bonus content.
DTM Experience redeem code:
Bonus Content redeem code:
Installation instructions: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/pc-dtm-experience-season-pass-2013-2014-bonus-content-paid.84862/#post-1673485
In case you need support please leave your questions in the support thread on our forums and we'll happily help you out with any questions you may have: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/pc-dtm-experience-season-pass-2013-2014-bonus-content-paid.84862/
Enjoy your game :)
Regards,
Bram Hengeveld

Thank you for your help there./ I use Gmail and if I put "DTM Experience" in quotes in the search, I should be able to get all the emails I received with that string in it, even if they were thrashed. For spam I can do the same search but localized there.
Indeed, the Paypal receipt comes back fine, but no other email. I am pretty comfortable in saying that I have never received it, at least at the email of record at Paypal or here at RD (same email)

I am wondering if Bram could be so kind as to paste the info on a private conversation here so we can bypass any email issue. My previous post should have the transaction number.

Last edited:
@Blkout thats what we have sent indeed :)

I think @Corrado Conti has missed this line (bolded below):

Once you have made your secured payment via PayPal we'll email the redeem codes and installation instructions to your paypal email address within 24 hours.

Paypal address wasn't a gmail address.

Problem solved me thinks :thumbsup: If not, let me know pls

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%