PC2 Confirmed! Project CARS 2 'Fun Pack' DLC Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 4.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the contents of the next DLC offering for Project CARS 2... announcing eight new cars and two locations joining the upcoming 'Fun Pack' DLC.

With something of a focus on the off road side of the racing title, the fun pack not only brings with it eight new and rather different cars from across the generations, but also a couple of real world Rallycross locations too, with both the Spanish Barcelona venue and a nice looking historic variation of the Brands Hatch mixed surface Rallycross locations getting added to the sim as part of the new pack.

SMS haven't yet confirmed exactly when the upcoming content will be made available to purchase, however the studio did go as far as to say a tentative target of "winter" will be the most likely release window, and with December right around the corner it does seem possible that we could be getting our hands on these new machines before the end of 2017.

Fun Pack DLC Contents

CARS

• Audi Sport Quattro S1
  • Citroën DS3 RX Supercar
  • Renault R5 Maxi Turbo
  • Ford RS 200 Evolution
  • Audi EKS RX Quattro WRX
  • 1969 Ford Bronco 'Brocky'
  • Mustang RTR Spec - 5D
  • Mustang '66 RTR.
TRACKS
  • Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross
  • Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic.

This new DLC confirmation comes hot of the back of the latest version 1.3.0.0 update to the base game, available for free to PC players and expected on console in the near future. Check out the massive changelog and details in our reveal article HERE.

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 1.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 2.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 5.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 6.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 7.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 8.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Does the 'Fun Pack' DLC appeal to you? Which car do you like the sound of the most? Looking forward to the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Good thing I postponed the rallycross branch in my career so far. Hopefully the new tracks and cars will be included.
I had a quick race yesterday evening after I saw the news and there's so much more FFB in this than in Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally. It's not as easy as well. Can't wait to have a closer look at rallycross.

• ronniej

I'm in. I've been taking a closer look at this game in the last couple of days, and although I would like to see a better triple screen set up option, (similar to AC and RF2 where you can see the changes on the screen while in-game)
and the clutch behavior refined, it's winning me over.....The IR-12 Chevy Road is awesome. Amongst others.

EDIT: Also to watch the front tires "flex" when hitting a runner in an open wheel car is pretty darn cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this DLC available for season pass owners (I mean "already playable")? :O_o:
I don't own it (atm I have only the Japanese pack) so in game I don't see the new cars & tracks but if you look in the game folder all the content is already there...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%