1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Confirmed! Project CARS 2 'Fun Pack' DLC Details Revealed

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,004
    Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 4.jpg
    Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the contents of the next DLC offering for Project CARS 2... announcing eight new cars and two locations joining the upcoming 'Fun Pack' DLC.

With something of a focus on the off road side of the racing title, the fun pack not only brings with it eight new and rather different cars from across the generations, but also a couple of real world Rallycross locations too, with both the Spanish Barcelona venue and a nice looking historic variation of the Brands Hatch mixed surface Rallycross locations getting added to the sim as part of the new pack.

SMS haven't yet confirmed exactly when the upcoming content will be made available to purchase, however the studio did go as far as to say a tentative target of "winter" will be the most likely release window, and with December right around the corner it does seem possible that we could be getting our hands on these new machines before the end of 2017.

Fun Pack DLC Contents

CARS

• Audi Sport Quattro S1
    • Citroën DS3 RX Supercar
    • Renault R5 Maxi Turbo
    • Ford RS 200 Evolution
    • Audi EKS RX Quattro WRX
    • 1969 Ford Bronco 'Brocky'
    • Mustang RTR Spec - 5D
    • Mustang '66 RTR.
    TRACKS
    • Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross
    • Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic.

This new DLC confirmation comes hot of the back of the latest version 1.3.0.0 update to the base game, available for free to PC players and expected on console in the near future. Check out the massive changelog and details in our reveal article HERE.

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 1.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 2.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 5.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 6.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 7.jpg Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC 8.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Does the 'Fun Pack' DLC appeal to you? Which car do you like the sound of the most? Looking forward to the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Jockey

Jockey

Ratings:
    +164
    Good game. I like it a lot.

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Celestiale

Celestiale
    Premium

Ratings:
    +449
    Nice..by now almost all tracks from the WRX

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +116
    A real mixed bag, all over the place, but surprisingly it has been a great game so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +365
    That R5 and RS200! :inlove:

Doesn't have that much with rally or rallycross, but these two I would definitely love to give them a spin! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +459
    This DLC could be the christmas gift to myself...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +124
    This DLC is tempting me to get PC2, especially after seeing how much of a mess Forza 7 was (I feel like I missed a bullet for not getting that).

8. Ryann

Ryann

Ratings:
    +53
    PC2 is a good game, but don't expect perfection. At places it still can be pretty messy.

Anyway, for me, PC2 compared to FM7 is quite different genre.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,396
    Looking forward to this dlc.....cant get enough of the Rally X in this game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Puduku

Puduku

Ratings:
    +36
    Good thing I postponed the rallycross branch in my career so far. Hopefully the new tracks and cars will be included.
    I had a quick race yesterday evening after I saw the news and there's so much more FFB in this than in Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally. It's not as easy as well. Can't wait to have a closer look at rallycross.

• Like Like x 2
  11. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +211
    More good gear IMHO.
    :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Erik Frisen

Erik Frisen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Can't get enough of pc2 so happy to see some new content this month :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. ronniej

ronniej
    Premium

Ratings:
    +253
    I'm in. I've been taking a closer look at this game in the last couple of days, and although I would like to see a better triple screen set up option, (similar to AC and RF2 where you can see the changes on the screen while in-game)
    and the clutch behavior refined, it's winning me over.....The IR-12 Chevy Road is awesome. Amongst others.

EDIT: Also to watch the front tires "flex" when hitting a runner in an open wheel car is pretty darn cool.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +260
    You can do this if you edit the screen setup while in a session.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. ernietheracefan

ernietheracefan

Ratings:
    +11
    Brands Hatch RX..!!

What a lovely day..!!

16. ronniej

ronniej
    Premium

Ratings:
    +253
    Thank you sir.

17. Ricky78

Ricky78

Ratings:
    +99
    Is this DLC available for season pass owners (I mean "already playable")? :O_o:
    I don't own it (atm I have only the Japanese pack) so in game I don't see the new cars & tracks but if you look in the game folder all the content is already there...

18. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +112
    It's not available yet. They probably already added the content in the last patch.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. Ricky78

Ricky78

Ratings:
    +99
    Thanks, I wonder when they will enable it...?!

I bought the season pass anyway, the cars available in the Motorsport Cars Pack are awesome!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  20. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +112
    It's out now. You can test the Ford Bronco for free in the community event.