and where does this leave slightly mad studios? they've always included masses of GT and WEC content in their games, cant see there being a PC3 now tbh without them having some sort of exclusivity

It's going to be interesting, the Road Circuit Simulator starts with high pressure, rFactor2, ACC and older AC and now GTR3? super, if it's official WEC license, it'll be a massacre! :)

I don't know. ACC with the Blancpain Endurance Series with GT3 cars versus GTR3 with the World Endurance Championship and additional GT3 cars as it seems - I could imagine that one of these games really suffers due to this competition...

Something like this I think only matters if there is a strong online presence. Can look and feel great but if only a dozen people are online to play then what's the point?

Better be compelling as fudge...

The fun speculation part, ACC > Blacpain, GTR3 > WEC, rF2 > IMSA???
Btw I am more hyped to see GTR3 back and WEC license than Blacpain one (even if I think ACC will be more refined, that game have some nice details). Would be great if Raceroom can confirm content will be updated too as hinted several times, better if the games can be related somewhat (Raceroom content on GTR3 or vice versa).

interesting, hope they have a good online system, would be a waste after all this time to have the same crappy old browser base MP

I don't know. ACC with the Blancpain Endurance Series with GT3 cars versus GTR3 with the World Endurance Championship and additional GT3 cars as it seems - I could imagine that one of these games really suffers due to this competition...

I think there is enough distance between Blancpain and WEC for both to be successful. After all we've had the current crop of "multi-purpose" racing titles and they don't seem to have suffered

eeeeeeeee ok? Can they just come to us when they have more information too share? Not like "The next game will be called G... stay tuned" and in 5 years "the next letter is T, see you soon" f*** off, I hate that. What game engine will be used? What can we expect? What is the business model? On what platform (Steam, Origin, etc)?
If dev's / producers can't share more info just STFU and wait. GTR3 was for the long time HL3 of sim-racing (we working on it we promise) or even Duke Nukem Forever (but we know how well that turns out to be)

eeeeeeeee ok? Can they just come to us when they have more information too share? Not like "The next game will be called G... stay tuned" and in 5 years "the next letter is T, see you soon" f*** off, I hate that.

I mean, they've announced the the kind of sim they're making, that's a start, and have confirmed that they will be at Gamescom. And I'd imagine that you will get to learn a little more about the game there, not just a couple more letters in a name.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%