jesus christ the almighty :confused:
1f52gp.jpg

GTR3.jpg

We've waited a long time to hear some solid news on GTR3 and the wait is finally over.. the new simulation is confirmed to replicate the FIA World Endurance Championship...

… and what's more, a playable version of the title will be showcasing at this months Gamescom event for the very first time! #vaporwarebegone!

Since RaceDepartment broke the news of a new GTR title from legendary development team SimBin Studios all the way back in January 2017, news has been a little thin on the ground, giving rise to many voices who wondered if we would ever really see a third instalment of the once ground-breaking series. Well earlier today those doubts would be dispelled once and for all with news that the simulation will be a virtual representation of the FIA World Endurance Championship, but also that the 2018 Gamescom event in Cologne this August 21st will see the official unveiling of the title for the first time! How exciting is that?

GTR3 Tweet.jpg

Stay tuned for more info soon...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Pleased to hear of the official WEC licence? Looking forward to GTR3? Will you be at Gamescom 2018? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Well hats off to them I say!! As posted earlier in the thread I thought ACC had pulled the rug on Simbin's GTR3. But the FIA WEC is a master-stroke IMO. It is a high profile series with international appeal. It is multi-class offering a range of different kinds of car to drive which should make it more interesting and gives the opportunity for some progression within the game. And it separates GTR3 from ACC - there should be room for both on most people's hard drive.

The downsides as I see them is the current championship has few tracks and LMP1 is a one horse race. The old GTR games were always a season or two behind so maybe Simbin can get the 2017 season with more tracks and competition in LMP1. Also while I can see myself doing 1 hour Blancpain races and probably 3 hour ones with a driver swap, six hour and 24 hour WEC races even with shared driving seems a stretch. But I appreciate many don't mind not doing full distance races.

Much more optimistic about GTR3 than I was yesterday :)

Why though? AC is multiplatform too :roflmao:
My point exactly. Honestly, I don't think there's been a multiplatform sim title yet that managed to avoid a strong sense of "well that could've gone a lot better" on at least one of the available platforms.

But obviously, we haven't seen/heard anything just yet, so there's no real reason to worry. It's just that multiplatform sims don't have the best track record, it tends to be hard enough to get one platform right, let alone multiple with their varying needs and expectations.

It could just mean "Windows, Mac and Linux", although I'd love for another sim racing title to be available for consoles, even though we might not be able to play with these people.

It could, and I'm sure both of the Linux simracers and all four of the Mac ones are extremely thrilled by the idea ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%