Confirmed! GTR 3, The Official FIA World Endurance Championship Game

GTR3.jpg

We've waited a long time to hear some solid news on GTR3 and the wait is finally over.. the new simulation is confirmed to replicate the FIA World Endurance Championship...

… and what's more, a playable version of the title will be showcasing at this months Gamescom event for the very first time! #vaporwarebegone!

Since RaceDepartment broke the news of a new GTR title from legendary development team SimBin Studios all the way back in January 2017, news has been a little thin on the ground, giving rise to many voices who wondered if we would ever really see a third instalment of the once ground-breaking series. Well earlier today those doubts would be dispelled once and for all with news that the simulation will be a virtual representation of the FIA World Endurance Championship, but also that the 2018 Gamescom event in Cologne this August 21st will see the official unveiling of the title for the first time! How exciting is that?

GTR3 Tweet.jpg

Stay tuned for more info soon...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Pleased to hear of the official WEC licence? Looking forward to GTR3? Will you be at Gamescom 2018? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ouvert

1000RPM
Apr 16, 2014
damn .. that is even more interesting than ACC being BP official game ... if it is just good old Simbin bring up to todays standard it could be very nice

Reactions: andylooser

SimJim70

25RPM
Oct 30, 2015
I'm left wondering if this sim is the reason why ACC is for Blancpain only. Maybe because Simbin already had the WEC licence tied up?

Reactions: John Lifeann

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
and where does this leave slightly mad studios? they've always included masses of GT and WEC content in their games, cant see there being a PC3 now tbh without them having some sort of exclusivity

Ayem22

@Simberia
Apr 15, 2018
not excited.
i prefer raceroom content updated to unreal engine 4 with rain and night.
for 2030 ?

Jenda2cz

50RPM
Sep 16, 2017
It's going to be interesting, the Road Circuit Simulator starts with high pressure, rFactor2, ACC and older AC and now GTR3? super, if it's official WEC license, it'll be a massacre! :)

RufGTI

250RPM
Oct 29, 2015
I don't know. ACC with the Blancpain Endurance Series with GT3 cars versus GTR3 with the World Endurance Championship and additional GT3 cars as it seems - I could imagine that one of these games really suffers due to this competition...

dale223223

50RPM
Jan 27, 2010
Something like this I think only matters if there is a strong online presence. Can look and feel great but if only a dozen people are online to play then what's the point?

Better be compelling as fudge...

DaVeX↯

1000RPM
Jul 23, 2015
The fun speculation part, ACC > Blacpain, GTR3 > WEC, rF2 > IMSA???
Btw I am more hyped to see GTR3 back and WEC license than Blacpain one (even if I think ACC will be more refined, that game have some nice details). Would be great if Raceroom can confirm content will be updated too as hinted several times, better if the games can be related somewhat (Raceroom content on GTR3 or vice versa).

whip

250RPM
Feb 1, 2017
interesting, hope they have a good online system, would be a waste after all this time to have the same crappy old browser base MP

David Wright

1000RPM
Sep 27, 2009
I don't know. ACC with the Blancpain Endurance Series with GT3 cars versus GTR3 with the World Endurance Championship and additional GT3 cars as it seems - I could imagine that one of these games really suffers due to this competition...
I think there is enough distance between Blancpain and WEC for both to be successful. After all we've had the current crop of "multi-purpose" racing titles and they don't seem to have suffered

Status
Not open for further replies.