Configuring and tweaking SRS ShakeKit Plus

Hello all,
I got the SRS ShakeKit Plus last week and am trying to learn as much about it as I can. Documentation is a bit underwhelming and I'm not finding that many people out there who have one. From what I understand, the back pair of speakers are wired in with the rear and I'm just wondering if SimHub can see them independently or if the Plus only ever acts as a 4 channel setup. SimHub DOES show it as 6 channels, but I can't seem to make the back pair work on their own. This part of the product description (to me) seems contradictory:

"Note that this product uses 4 channels. the 2 back transducers are connected together with the back of the seat.

Our SRS App controls each of the 6 built-in shakers independently."

Also curious if anyone knows the output range of the transducers. And I am using the Bass Shakers tab on SimHub, not the Shake It Motors tab. Is that correct?

Also curious if anyone knows the output range of the transducers
Those 25W-16 Dayton Pucks are specified as "Low Frequency Bass Shaker",
but when driven with normal audio reproduce voice with good legibility.
The SRS box may apply some filtering..
SimHub DOES show it as 6 channels
Is there a reason that you are not using SRS software?

If you followed at least step 4 of SRS setup instructions,
that should have confirmed 4 vs 6 independent channels.

Upvote 0
I am wondering the exact same thing!

I have not ordered a kit yet, but wonder how much the "shakers" in the back add, if they are on the same channel as the two rear in the seat.

What progress have you made with your setup? Do you think the extra two in the back add enough to the experience to be worth the extra cost?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm using SimHub instead of the SRS software bc it's one less app running in the background and I found the SRS software somewhat limited compared to SimHub. Here are the settings I've been using the last few months. They work well, but I'm sure could be improved.

@mgh24, I'm honestly not sure if the extra two pucks are worth the money but I'm glad I have them. I'm a big dude and the more I can feel through my butt, the better. ;) And yes, the back four pucks act as two channels.

current srs.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
could be improved.
The bottom 4 pucks can provide feedback specific to each wheel.
extra two pucks
Consider using them to signal impending oversteer:
With AccuForce feedback for understeer and ShakeSeat pucks for loaded tire slip feedback,
one missing piece was feedback for unloaded rears wheel slip (oversteer while braking),
which is now provided by a pair of Dayton Thruster exciters shaking the seatback laterally:
SideThrusters.jpg

.. driven by another CUSTOM EFFECT in the updated SimHub ShakeIt Bass Shakers profile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bought the SRS shakekit elite too. Limited settings on SRS unless you pay them a yearly fee. Simhub, which I already donate for, has way more control, and I was able to make it work much better. Im going to be probably removing the pucks from the cushion though, and just using their wiring and amp box/sound card to attach the shakers to my seat. Way too much heat off the shakers this close to the skin.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 272 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 182 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 134 7.5%
  • < 5 years