DiRT Rally Configurations not saved

Hi, I bought the title from a sale, and enjoying the graphics (physics not so much). However there's one big problem. None of my settings (control, ffb) are saved, so I have to remap everything when restarting the game. Pain in the butt. It doesn't matter if I only use wheel buttons at the start nor any other shenanigans. Is there some configuration file I could edit and save the info? Any help appreciated!

(T300, Elite pedals and G27 shifter here)

I had the same problem, if you use enter on the keyboard if knocks out the settings ! Just use the buttons on the wheel
(bottom left) also don't remap the pause button. I was using a DFGT + G27 before, now with a TX still not perfect when setting mouse control that causes issues as well.
Save your profile see if that helps, you may need to do a bit of Google for more info it's a know issue

Well, I can confirm that nothing helps. Controls are always reset. I think I'm going to reinstall next.

Oh, I wonder if Steam Cloud somehow messes with the settings...Going to disable it first.*

*didn't help

I experienced this at some point. IIRC the solution was to not remap the pause function. So try to assign the rest of the functions to whatever you please, but don't touch the pause ;)

I had read that before, but unfortunately, it steals my upshift paddle for Pause... Grrrr!

I have another Steam game (Crash Time II) where if you hit Enter when the game starts, no controller. Hit the A button on the pad first, then you get controls. So, same deal with Dirt Rally, if I hit button #2 on the wheel and it does nothing, I exit the game and start it again. I know it lets me avoid remapping. Worst case, I start a stage and go to shift into 2nd and it pauses... YARP!

For those who have a Thrustmaster T500RS, it is impossible to find a button giving the same result as the enter key. That is if you have selected the "Advanced mode" (25 buttons).
You must choose instead the "normal mode" (13 buttons). Then press the Nr 6 button. It works !

I think my issue is that the Fanatec CSW 2.5 isn't detected until I go to configure the controls, so I am unable to enter the game without hitting enter on the keyboard, and thus my settings are not saved. Anyone know how to get the wheelbase detected sooner within the game?

In Dirt Rally it is VERY important to have your CSW 2.5 powered up and initialized BEFORE you start Dirt Rally If not it will forget its settings and you will have to reconfigure everything.

At least SimVibe will now recognize the MB's built in audio card without my having to open it up and run a test. And SimVibe will now launch Dirt Rally in VR mode.

Dirt Rally is still my favorite car racing game even it if is mostly time trials.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back