Config file for ballast and restrictor

Hello together,

knowing anybody of you in which file the ballast and restrictor value is stored? In the car.ini file there is no entry. I'm search the config file for the single play offline mode. Currently I found only information for the server configuration but I don't need that.

thx@all

I rarely drive offline except for training for a future online event ... but I looked for the same kind of settings 1 or 2 years ago ( for test before creating a new league server )
I remember that the only trick I found was .... create a championship with 1 single race... where each car might get a different ballast or/and restrictor IIRC.
Content Manager gives the opportunity to specify "your ballast and restrictor" ... but due to the naming I doubt it may be different from one car to another car of the same model on track.

When saving this preset in Content Manager ..... you may choose where to store it :D
Originally if you don't choose another place that's in:
C:\Users\YOURPCUSER\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Race Grids

But as I mentioned it looks like the ballast and restrictor may be applied only for the driver and not for the other cars. ;) ... I didn't see any other possibility for the AI

EDIT: this was not obvious to see .... but you may change the 0 values car per car for ballast and restrictor in the list of the AIs line per line..... just choosing this 0 with the mouse left-click and modifying manually.
As I told you, I never used this CM possibility before

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%