Concerns about clamping T150 wheel

Hello, guys!

I spent a few weeks looking at entry-ish level options for simracing, because I decided to finally stop playing on controller. All the reading and research I did led me to believe my only real choice within my budget is the T150 Pro with the T3PA pedals. The G29 is way too loud for playing at night, when I mostly have time, and everything over those options is prohibitively expensive for my poor bum.

The thing is, I saw the T150 doesn't have any hard mounting options, so I can't just drill my desk and perma-mount it on there. The issue here is, my desk has a beveled, slanted and slightly rounded edge, it's not a 90-degree angle. I'm attaching a photo with a Lego figure for scale.
IMG20211002103143.jpg

Do you think mounting the T150 will work at all here? Here is what it looks like with its clamp, image off the internet:
mbu2InV.png

I'm generally speaking not very handy with this sort of thing and would appreciate any and all feedback, regardless of whether you have the wheel or just have a better grasp of physics than I do and can estimate whether I'd be able to clamp it down somehow or use something to help me do it.

Again, if you have sufficient experience with a G29, I would love to know if the horrible rattling and clanking from the unit can be turned down by tuning down ffb gain, to a point where you both have road feel and response AND you're not going deaf from the clacking. From what I saw on Youtube, the sound is horribly loud and annoying, to the point where I don't even consider Logi products at all anymore, but I have no idea what ffb settings those people used, etc.

The mounting gear will not work with that lip....sounds odd but can you flip the desk around if it has a flat edge?
Your only real options is cut it or drill it....or sell it and by a new one.
Is this desk your only option in your house?

Upvote 0
if you have sufficient experience with a G29, I would love to know if the horrible rattling and clanking from the unit can be turned down by tuning down ffb gain, to a point where you both have road feel and response AND you're not going deaf from the clacking.
No.
To be fair the t150 will be louder when turning normally!
But it won't rattle like have loose parts inside like the Logitech wheels.

So you made the right choice :)

About your desk:
In theory you only need a wedge/angled piece to make your desk flat.
The wheelbase has a lip that you push against the desk's edge, which will hold the wedge in place.

Only thing that needs to be achieved:
The friction when fully clamped need to be higher than your arms pulling the wheel towards you. Otherwise you'll pull the wheel off the desk together with the angled wedge.

If you have access to a 3D printer, you could measure the angle and dimensions of your desk's lip and make it perfectly flat where you wheel will be attached.

Some little lines of permanently permanently elastic/soft glue and it should stay in place when clamped.

Alternatively somehow make a piece of wood + glue lines.

Without making the desk "even", it won't stay in place.
The Logitech wheels won't stay in place either though!

If you can't make the desk lip flat, then I would probably screw the wheelbase to a piece of wood and then clamp that woodpiece to your desk with some separate clamps that go far enough onto the flat part of your desk.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing