Computers are not nice

Aikho

Bear
Ok, some time ago I made a user here and applied for that thing to be able to race with you guys, it went through, so I am allowed to race with you guys, however. Things happened and I did

1) not have time to race online
2) have a stable enough computer to try it once I got time

But when I finally had time to play with my computer again I got it working and I produced a song I was inspired to do, then I had to leave the computer again for some days.

Present day:
I finally have time again to sit down with my newly acquired STCC: The Game and get online with RACE 07 again. So I switched on my computer and went to do stuff only to return and see it was not doing what it was supposed to do (boot up) Now, that frustrates me, so I sat down and after about an hour of messing about with it I got it to tell me what was wrong, my system disk is dead, the disk with Windows, all my games, game saves, pictures, photoshop projects, car skins and worst of them all, the last year of my musical career is not necessarily dead, but as inaccessible as it can possibly be.

This is sad and even though I have confirmed that there are sectors on the drive that are ruined I'm hoping that, if not my games (which I can download again (Steam)) or even my game saves (I can play the games again), at least I'm hoping the drive is intact around my pictures and the most important stuff for me on my whole computer, my music, my songs, my own productions and the projects I'm still working on.

---

I will be getting a new drive to install Windows again within a week or two and I will only then see if my music projects are still salvageable. Now I'm also sure that I'm not the only one with such a story. Do any of you have a story about a computer showing it's pure hate for you? Cause computers hold people's lives nowadays, but they don't work perfectly all the time, they sometimes fail and things, often important things, get lost.

Computers were always nice to me, and I to them :).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all of your data is salvageable, but it's probably gonna cost a bit. Data recovery is pretty expensive here, but maybe it's different for you. Good luck!

Filip could you be so kind and post your PC Specs like what cpu you have how much ram wich grafic board and the Operating system (win xp, win vista, win 7) ?

Since the drive itself is dead, damaged and corrupt sectors, the OS, RAM and other specs have nothing to do with the problem. When I get a new drive to install the OS on again it will run just as well as before, I hope.

Computers were always nice to me, and I to them :).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all of your data is salvageable, but it's probably gonna cost a bit. Data recovery is pretty expensive here, but maybe it's different for you. Good luck!

I'm hoping I get the stuff off there as well and I won't have to pay for data recovery, I have a degree in computers and such things already so it's better that I put that to use. ;)

Try the program EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard once you get your new HDD and hook the pc up with the old, it might be able to save something.

I think Windows itself will let me get most of my stuff, it seems like the destroyed parts are amongst the first sectors of the drive, so it's mainly OS things and the earliest programs, like AVG and such, I think.

A degree? At the age of 20? Cool.

If it's something simple, and not a mechanical failure, you have a good chance of saving money :D

Well, not like a doctor's degree, but it's the only word close to what I'm actually wanting to say that I know of in the English language :p

if its just a dead boot sector then your chances are pretty high.

If windows fails there arfe a few linux live cd's with data recovery software kicking around on the internet. I used one a while back and got 90% of my stuff back.

Moved to Technology forum, here you can find more help about your problem mate :thumb:

I hope you will recover everything necessary.

Moved to Technology forum, here you can find more help about your problem mate :thumb:

I hope you will recover everything necessary.

Yes, I guess it fits better in here, although the intention of the topic was never to get help, rather to get all you guys to tell your stories about hopeless struggles with the 0s and 1s. ;)

At first your thread was for Offtopic as you intended to open a discussion about Computers's giving pain. But after everyone began to find solutions, turned into a Technology forum thread :D

Old topic, I know, I'm sorry, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my computer is up and running, my games are again installed, same with my studio stuff, music production will continue, however, at the moment it seems like I've lost the projects, but I will keep the drive and try more recovery software.

Old topic, I know, I'm sorry, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my computer is up and running, my games are again installed, same with my studio stuff, music production will continue, however, at the moment it seems like I've lost the projects, but I will keep the drive and try more recovery software.

Killed a hdd on my old laptop 5 years back lost 8gbs of songs and samples id made :( still gutted about that today

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%