Composite to VGA/DVI for pc monitor

V

vmagics

• vmagics

I wanted to try my [sons] Xbox 360 on my pc monitor which has both DVI and VGA inputs. Since this is just an experimental undertaking and will most likely be temporary and brief, I wanted to keep the cost to an absolute minimum. Now, the regular 'Xbox to DVI/VGA' adaptors cost around £10 - £15, but for £2 - £3 I could get a short '*composite to VGA cable'. So is there any reason why the latter wouldn't work? I have tried a Google search already but sadly to no avail.

*The yellow/red/white RCA plug/sockets which are obviously already included with the Xbox 360. - And I'm aware that I'll only be needing the yellow one for the video signal.

• vmagics

i may be wrong but doesn`t the monitor have to be HDCP compliant for console use or is that just needed for conecting DVD playes ect?
First of all, thank you for highlighting something which I'd never heard of before. This HDCP technology sounds quite invasive to copyright law-abiding customers - but that's for another thread. Anyway, after a brief search I think that HDCP isn't an issue unless using the HD-DVD drive. There was also mention of HDCP being compatible with DVI but not VGA. Although I don't know whether that means it will work through VGA or not. Either way, this HDCP isn't an issue for me since I have no intention of using HD-DVD.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%