WIP Complex String By Bleek (rf1 & Simbin Titles)

I finally got around to testing the track out. The back-end esses flow much better now. I'll go the visual route to illustrate some other stuff I've looked at (I cross-checked this with a GT3 video to see what was different layout-wise):
Zf2g23L.jpg

Blue: The entry to these esses seems a bit too tight. I'd recommend opening it up a bit more.
Green: In GT3, this whole area seems to have an ever-so-slight uphill slope.
Pink: The slope levels out here, about halfway through the corner.
Red: The first hill of this section still seems to have a rather sudden crest - I go flying even in a GP2 car, unless I slow down heaps. Going back to what I said about the Green area, maybe if the whole area from Pink to Red was raised in accordance with Green being given an uphill slope, and Red's crest was made a bit more gradual (not lowered, just having the slope leading up to it begin earlier) then it would be a bit closer to GT3.
Yellow: Some kerbs should probably be added in the dips, both to bring it closer to GT3 and to give drivers a bit of a sight aid. This whole section also seems to have a little wider track width in GT3.
Purple: This corner could do with being a bit more open.
Orange: This corner is much more open than it is in GT3. In almost any rFactor car I can take it flat out, whereas in GT3 one needs to at least lift for it.

I thought that maybe I should check out the GT3 track map and see how it matched up. I screwed around a bit in Photoshop and overlaid the track map you used as your source:
ULEXNSg.jpg

It seems a bit off in many ways, which would explain a few things.

Do you think you'd be able to alter the track this much at this stage in the project? I'm well aware that it would be a mammoth task, what with the second pitlane and all... it's no drama if this is impossible, but I feel very strongly about this project and I'd love it if this was as close to GT3 as possible along with the little additions you have made. You are the author at the end of all this though, it's your call.

I hope today finds you well!

I was looking for that orange original track map for ages & finally had to settle on the black GPL loading screen!
Even if I had've found it while doig the infield terrain I'd have started over again from scratch....
As it is Im wondering if you could send it to me to store away until a later date so I can do another version in the future....
Sorry, I'd write more of a reply now but am not at home on my own PC, I'll make a full reply soon :)
Thanks for your input Rhys, it's greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

This type of track is not really my kind of track to race, but it is very handy when do some testing of different type of mods.
The fps is good. My fav. layout is the short one with the main pit lane. The pit entry has to be more open tbh. You really have to slow down to enter it safely.

Pit lane entrance has been re-worked along with first hill into the second S-bends....
Besides that Ive kind of stalled on it & Port Wakefield as I try to get 2 other tracks by other authors 'updated'.
There was also some UV (I think) issues I didn't like about shadows on some of the terrain & Im still thinking about how do the terrain outside of the final turn...
Also trying to find some nice but basic grandstands like you have for your Hondsrugring track Erwin ;)

Yes please Erwin!
I think they look great, just the kind for a track that's meant for drivers first & the crowds secondly & look as though they could handle being stretched longer or shrunk shorter depending area needed to cover...
Thank you! :):thumbsup:

Sorry it's been so long since my last update guys as Ive been busy with other tracks...
BUT, Im finally working on it again now AND Im now finally able to upload clips to YT! ;)

Latest build download is here; http://www.mediafire.com/download/egzblbect3a9461/ComplexString_by_BLeeK_27-3-14.rar

New main straight pit lane, more terrain around the back & a few other bits & bobs....
Still needs second pits rebuild & terrain finishing on outside final turn & main straight & lots & LOTS of other :poop: done....
Please try & let me know what you think:D

More feedback...

It seems that the kerbs are non-collidable at the following locations:
- The second left hander after the 90-degree-switchback section
- The esses at the back of the circuit

It also seems that the first apex of the hilly esses (the crest of the first hill) is a bit too tight. I'm also getting airborne in any car unless I slow to under 100km/h. I'd recommend straightening the corner out a little, and beginning the climb to the crest sooner.

Other than that, it's coming along nicely. I'm liking the new terrain!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%