Competitive Breaking Mod V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeoStuey - it works well with both the realism and safety car mod together. Just make sure you don't copy the whole track folder for each track, otherwise it will wipe out the modded triggers_pit files from the safety car mod. Just back up the old track files in a separate folder for each track, and only move the files from this mod to replace the original game files, don't move the whole track folder. I hope that makes sense. Case in point - I brought out a safety car in one of my tests at turn 11 in Abu Dhabi using all the 3 mods together.

Thanks, I am okay with the installation method. My question was more of how the mods might have had an adverse affect on one another, with the ai car crashes at Monza being due to having more aggressive drivers form the realism mod the acting on later braking points at Monza.

As for everywhere else I think we are in the right direction.

Thanks to hill, demy, and remy each for working to bring immersion to this game. :)

hill
First, thank you for the work at this.
But I want to note that your method to edit the breaking points is in principle a bit wrong.
That's because you can't compare the number of corners and braking points from the original track maps with the game ones. It's different, believe me. The best proof is that you mentioned before that you change 15.00 to 0.1 and have seen no difference. Means at all that for example line 8 is not meaning equal for braking point to turn 8.

Myself, I am not really sure what the 15.00 means exactly. But this is very difficult to edit because the game must also have braking points on the defensive line and the pit entry.
Furthermore, the use of the edited file depends from a few points like database, AI files and so on. ;)

Hi Jay,

No it's correct, if you take the number of brake lines in the ai vehicle track file and minus it from the real life number of turns you then know how many turns codemasters decided not to write a brake line for.

Not every turn needed a brake line writing. To double check I changed the value of the turn I wanted to edit to something silly, loaded up the game and checked that the ai overshoot the corner into the gravel. Once I knew I had identified the corresponding brake line to the actual turn in game, I began a systematic editing of the value.

The abu Dhabi one might have something to do with pit exit however, I didn't know that. This was the first track I edited and didn't follow the system above, therefore I have probably edited the wrong line. I will check that.

The rest are correct though, trust me it took ages and ages to work out which line equals which turn. Take Valencia, codemasters decided to leave out 5 or 6 brake lines and I had to work out which ones.

I believe the AI brakes just a little too late at turn 16/17 in Suzuka (the final chicane) - they slightly miss the apex and get a poor exit allowing for easy overtakes on the following straight.

Austin 1, 11 and 12 - see if you can bump them up a little more. They are Ok with your mod installed, but otherwise they could even be made a little bit faster than what you've made them.

Hi Hill,

Could you please update which version you're on on the 1st post? I almost missed that you were up to v2.5 until I downloaded your mod again.

Loving it anyway and appreciating all your work! :thumbsup:!

I'm hoping to get on to Valencia this we and will report asa I'm done.

Hi Hill,

Could you please update which version you're on on the 1st post? I almost missed that you were up to v2.5 until I downloaded your mod again.

Loving it anyway and appreciating all your work! :thumbsup:!

I'm hoping to get on to Valencia this we and will report asa I'm done.

Thanks! Let me know how Valencia goes!

Hill
Thanks for all the effort! I never got around doing more than 2 tracks:D.

The problem with cars running wide and missing the apex can be fixed or reduced by using this mod:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/legend-extreme-ai.60504/

I don't think I'll have a problem as I don't race on Legend.

Thanks for the tip, i'll give it a go.

Hi,
I just tested Texas - Turn 11 and 12 are very competitive now, Turn 1 the cars run a bit wide and can lose quite some time. Doesnt happen every time though.

I also played Brazil yesterday and it was very good, didnt notice any flaws there.

Edit: Hockenheim is also very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back