Competition Time | Guess the Track: Round One

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the first in a short series of ‘guess the track’ fun competitions.

The aim of the game is simple – watch a short video of just my wheel and hand movements from a single lap of a sim racing circuit – then guess the track!

What do you win? One year of premium membership to RaceDepartment for the selected winner.​

What sim are you using? A bit of a mix between rFactor 2, ACC and RaceRoom Racing Experience – although you won’t be told which sim it is in the video.​
What tracks are you using? Well, that would defeat the object of the game if I told you… I will say however, the tracks could be first party or mod, just to keep the variety. I will promise to only use real world tracks however, and not fantasy content!​
When will new videos be posted? Whenever I fancy over the next week or two.​
When do we need to have a response in by? Whenever! No start or finish date applies to these, it’s for fun folks!​
Where do we post our response? Either on the video comments, or in the article comments. I’m not planning on checking them and awarding a winner, so it doesn’t matter – it’s for fun!​

Ok folks, first video is below... enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the first in a short series of ‘guess the track’ fun competitions.

The aim of the game is simple – watch a short video of just my wheel and hand movements from a single lap of a sim racing circuit – then guess the track!

What do you win? One year of premium membership to RaceDepartment for the selected winner.​

What sim are you using? A bit of a mix between rFactor 2, ACC and RaceRoom Racing Experience – although you won’t be told which sim it is in the video.​
What tracks are you using? Well, that would defeat the object of the game if I told you… I will say however, the tracks could be first party or mod, just to keep the variety. I will promise to only use real world tracks however, and not fantasy content!​
When will new videos be posted? Whenever I fancy over the next week or two.​
When do we need to have a response in by? Whenever! No start or finish date applies to these, it’s for fun folks!​
Where do we post our response? Either on the video comments, or in the article comments. I’m not planning on checking them and awarding a winner, so it doesn’t matter – it’s for fun!​

Ok folks, first video is below... enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

Hit reply so I’d skip the comments...I’m a bit rusty on it, but the only track that fits in my mind is Hungaroring? For bonus points I want to say that’s also the 911 GT3 cup in Raceroom? Something about the rumble strips and grass doesn’t sound like ACC...but I haven’t played those 3 sims in a few weeks so who knows.

edit: seems like I'm in good company...we can't all be wrong...can we? :O_o:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%