Compatibility with Google Warehouse into BTB?

Trying to make use of the google Warehouse for some site objects, understanding there can be issues with materials, but all objects imported into BTB so far seem to disassemble.

What preparations can be done to the models downloaded from Google Warehouse if any?

Haven't had any problems with my own created object, just from the Warehouse.

1-r.jpg2-r.jpg

I´m creating a huge xpack with a lot of objectos from warehouse and i simply open sketchup, export to 3ds, convert all textures to dds format, open in 3d simed to see if's everything fine and then import to xpacker.

Looks like a lot of work but after do 2 or 3 is fast :doublethumb:

I use Google Sketchup 6. not Pro , so I can only export as .dae format. I haven't yet found a compatible Callada plugin for 3ds max 9 that I use.

Autodesk FBX converter can convert .dae files into .fbx files for import into 3ds max, but also seems to have problems with the warehouse models.

It would seem taking in consideration the texture issues which I'm aware of, that the models imported into BTB still shouldn't disassemble, but that the material wouldn't display correctly or not at all.

The models I would use from the warehouse would be low poly models.

Haven't tried Sketchup 7 yet, but getting the warehouse models into 3ds max I think would fix the problem. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 259 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.7%