comparison for wheel upgrade

Hi I'm using Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 wheel (with ClubSport V2 pedal in PC).
If I purchase Thrustmaster TX or T300 wheel base with some add-on wheel, can it be worthy upgrade for substituting Fanatec GT2?
Please give me any advise which one is better. I don't have budget to buy Fanatec CSW V2 wheel.

AFAIK, you can't get that Fanatec wheel anymore, they only list the CSW V2 as the only one you can buy. You'll have to go with Thrustmaster if you plan to buy new.

For the Thrustmaster wheel, I think both the TX and T300 are pretty much the same, except the T300 has up to 1080 degrees of rotation and is PlayStation 3 and 4 compatible, while the TX has up 900 degrees of rotation. Any of the add-on rims you buy would work with either-or.

I would personally go with the T300 as the standard-issue rim is actually very nice. I compare it with the 458 Challenge rim, and I don't think they really feel that much different. But if you absolutely must have an add-on, I would recommend the 150 Italia rim. They don't list the diameter on their website, but it is 28 cm, so the same as the GTE and TM 28 Leather rim. It's very light (it is mostly plastic and mostly hollow inside), and all the buttons on the side are easy to reach. There are also sooooo many different modded versions I've seen that can add more dials on the center and a display at the top to more resemble the F1 rim it's meant to be.

Upvote 0
Last September I had ordered the TX base (XboxOne completable) and the 599xx EVO Alcantara Edition Rim(30 cm diameter racing wheel) off Amazon France for a total of €460 and it had been back ordered since then. Then I saw bought the "Thrustmaster - T300 (PS4 copatable) Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition" bundled with the 599xx EVO Rim and T3PA pedals for €415 (2 weeks later it is now € 429) So in the end I got the the base and rim cheaper with the pedals thrown in for free ;) This was fantastic as I was not interested in any console (I have the Xbox360 --XboxOne not backward comparable and no brand loyalty of future console upgrade) PC Sim guy!. My G27 when to my son and we did need another pedal set.
You do have the ClubSport V2 pedals so you get a back up pedal set.
But if your buget is too tight then go for the "Thrustmaster T300 RS" this comes with a slightly smaller wheel (28 cm diameter racing wheel) and a inferior 2 pedal pedal set for €304 or the similar Priced " Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE " just a Farrari branded rim and same pedal set. for €310.
But either of these two options you are getting rimms that are on a lower level than the 599xx

that leaves one more choice, add to one of the two above options the "ThrustMaster 28 GT Roue Add-On rim for an additional €120 (now that is close to the bundle I got) and all you have to show for it is now you have similar 2 rims and a cheap 2 pedal pedal set
Good luck in choosing lots of options out there

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%