Comparing lap times

Is there a way I can compare my lap times with other users to give me something to reference too, not sure if I'm slow, fast, or where to improve

Jump in an open practice session and see where you stand.
VRS has a telemetry app that runs in the back and shows very detailed lap info compared to there pro drivers....not sure if it's free or not?
Other than that, look on the iRacing forms...tons of info on there and almost Everytime you'll get a quick response or you'll be pointed in the right direction.

If you are looking to gauge your performance in a current series, then if you take a look at the details for an active event it should give you the option to view the previous results. You can review the splits of each and it will tell you the fastest and average lap time for each participant. I used to find the split I was expecting to be in and then used those times as a reference point.

What I like to do is jump on a practice session and then see if there's someone at my class/division and see what time they set in comparison to mine and then I adjust the AI to match those lap times at the same car/track combo.

You can also go to the old iracing website and then look at the series results for past races and look at the fastest laps.

I then practice racing against the AI and as I start to get more confident I bump up the difficulty until I feel competitive for a real race

Last edited:
The most simple way is to launch the TT mode and then get a fullproof indication if you are good or bad compared to Mistar Average Joe.:laugh:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Be aware you would maybe not like the result :)

Is there a way I can compare my lap times with other users to give me something to reference too, not sure if I'm slow, fast, or where to improve
A few months ago someone made a website compiling all the lap times from the races: https://www.simracingstats.com.

If you clic on a track, you can see all the results but the nice feature is a slider where you adjust your iRating; it then gives you a corresponding quali/fastest/average lap time corresponding to this iR.
If you click on the series name, you can see all the previous weeks. So you should be able to find almost any combo.

Go the series you are racing then click results, here you will see the results for thw recent races then click on R which is splits.
Top split is the fastest guys or you can click on the other splits if you like generally look at your irating and compare it to the splits average irating. When you selected the split you can then see their qualifying times, race average lap times and If you click on a driver you can see their laptimes for each lap of the race. I normally look at the top 5 drivers of each split to see what race lap times they are doing

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years