Compare laps with other drivers

Is there a way to compare your laps with other drivers to assist with analysing where they are quicker?

I seem to remember being able to do this in rFactor1 using, I think, rVCRmerge but that doesn't work with rFactor2

Is there a way to compare your laps with other drivers to assist with analysing where they are quicker?

I seem to remember being able to do this in rFactor1 using, I think, rVCRmerge but that doesn't work with rFactor2
You can install the MoTec Plugin for rF2 and then compare the telemetry of two laps.
Plugin: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3336-rFactor-2-Motec-Plugin
Motec Software: http://www.motec.com/filedownload.php/mi2_pro_1.0.21.0030.exe?docid=2409

I have the Motec plugin Frederic but it only allows me to load my laps, it doesn't list any other drivers, unless I'm missing something.
Thats for sure. You just need to find someone who is willing to share. Otherwise I look at replays of other drivers, but as long as you don't have logged telemetry from another driver I don't know a proper way to do a comparison.

I am pretty fast and drive a lot of diffrent cars and tracks. If you have any special car & track combos from which you would like to have some data, just ask and I will see, if there is anything suited in my MoTec Log Folder (it's already more than 1GB, so there is a lot in it, because it is always running)

Thanks for the offer of data but I was thinking more about AI when I practice off line and other drivers when I compete in a race here rather than a specific car/track
AI is pretty useless in my opinion. You can have fun with them, but they seem to get some extra advantages sometimes. It often feels like very strong AI just gets extra straight line speed while maintaining there cornering speed.
If I am lacking pace I like to watch the onboard or replays from other drivers to see where they are stronger, which is now great since we can the throttle, brake and steering input.
Comparing real telemetry can help you to improve your technique and feel for the car and is the only thing that can help me personally a lot, because you can not only see where you need to improve, but what yoi have to do to improve. Once you know how the car feels or should feel when you are getting the most out of it, you can do it on diffrent tracks and after that even in diffrent cars.

Unfortunately I dont know any other possibility. AI for me is out of question as they are in my opinion way to slow on certain type of corners and in other parts they are unrealisticly strong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back