Community Question | Your Favourite Mod

Enduracers, always, the quality, the feel.

Best feel was F1 1991 and GP 79.

I have not played a mod for a while, so these are all old RF mods, and nothing i have tried since has surpassed these, the old days were great, awesome community, no paying and brilliant mods.

Sadly that has all changed now.

IL-2! Oh man, before the sim racing bug bit hard, I was an IL-2 junkie! Mission4Today...it was a gold mine! I was a big fan of custom campaigns, which were more like creative writing exercises than proper mods but, wow, the imaginations possessed by some of the creators - it was mind blowing! Some people would put them out in parts and you would be left on a cliffhanger like "but what's going to happen now!". On paper, it's hard to imagine the experience being particularly engaging - most of them were just stock content (planes, maps), spawn a few Messerschmitts over here and away you go - but the back stories really made it fun. Your wingman had too much to drink the night before, that kind of stuff. That would be cool to see a sim racing mod take on the same shape for offline experience.
S!

I was a combat sim fanatic since Sierra's Red Baron in 1991. I was even a modder for Janes Fighters Anthology (that was a simcade, but counts)... the first game I ever modded.

1946 I played a lot the offline (played since the first IL-2 on 2003), but most of my time was with a virtual squad on Warclouds, specially the Spit vs 109 room.

I stopped to play combat sims because I dislike all the new sims sales model. At the old days we used to pay an standard videogame price for games with full content, good campaigns and full functional. Today it's a robbery... and a robbery for a downgrade. No modern single player comes even close to a FALCON 4.0 campaign or 1946 content (that still a blast in quantity + quality).

I'm glad that sim racing, at some point, became to me a perfect substitute to combat sim... but, to tell you the upmost truth, no car give me the same satisfaction of flying the Spitfire, nor any overtake that equals be in a 190 diving over a B-17 formation.

For me it depends very much of track and mood for either classic car racing, GT racing, prototype or open wheelers. Though I might incline to the former, its an alteration for me.
Last couple of decades digged much deeper into motorsports history, and even though byuing new sims, I instantly look for classic mods.
I like testing new and incomplete mods of lesser known classic cars - my car mod database for especially GTR2 and rF1, but also AC is quite large now (have to be, vacuuming the Internet for mods for years and years). However, my favourites are still quite mainstream.
(Will not include mods for GPL and simbin series (WTCC, Race07, STCC/2, RaceOn, etc) since it's +5 years I've really played them more than a couple of laps now and then)
GTR2: Classic: GTL mod (any Car). Modern GT: S63 mod Lamborghini LP 610-4. Open Wheel F1 2008 Mod
GTR2's Power & Glory ver 3.2 mod
. Almost any car.
Track-specific S I'm very keen of the Shelby Cobra 427 cu Roadster at 1967 Hermanos Rodriguez due to the mod adds so much more FFB > 100% for my G27 than the standard GTR2 mod (somehow - checking the game FFB settings and *ini files values looks the same?)
Or at 1967 Targa Florio (rF1 conversion), the Alpine A110 1300
In rFactor1, the CSGT WSC1970 mod, almost any car. Eg. the Porsche 917K at 1970 Daytona. Or the Alfa Romeo Tipo 33/3 at Targa Florio
Open Wheelers, the F1SR F1 1991 Historic Edition - Coloni Ford C4 - just mingling with setup and driving style to bring the car home without failure, and even at good position is sooo much a joy! Edit! Completely forgot how I endless drove the GP79 mod incl. TP, right from v1.0 to v.2.0. Car+trackpack is a real must-have.
AC: Alpine A110 1600S, Porsche 993 Turbo S2 Open Wheel: Ferrari 643

Last edited:
Enduracers, always, the quality, the feel.

Best feel was F1 1991 and GP 79.

I have not played a mod for a while, so these are all old RF mods, and nothing i have tried since has surpassed these, the old days were great, awesome community, no paying and brilliant mods.

Sadly that has all changed now.

I feel so also, consequently stay on old PC-Hardware and use the last updates from "older" Software

- Enduracers Mods
- TCL - because from Scratch, 2009 released, from "private - enthusiastic-modders" with real good Physics (not to easy to drive, good Suspension-Feedback with G25, G27) and so on.

- F1 1991 by Flying Dutchman F1SR-Team

- Power & Glory for GTR2, great Developement about a lot of Years.

- The Support for GTR2 and the Great Patches and Mod-Collections of GTR233

For total transformation
GPLPS ( Grand Prix Legends Preservation Society )
Try stock GPL at stock Spa then GPLPS @ Spa '67 :confused:

GPL Spa 67 and Isle of Man full road :speechless:.... edit: GPL and rFactor Targa Florio :coffee:

GPL Camera Control Master

GTR2 Anniversary / HQ :barefoot:
OVGME
GTL, GTR2 and PnG Essentials :p

rF2 - F3 Community mod @ Belgium, Italy and S397 Nords :x3:
SR4L for engine tuning :sneaky:

Last edited:
All RSS mods, especially the Formula Hybrid 2019 and the X version 9 (I almost forgot about the incredible F2000). Those cars have an extreme quality and are fun to drive.
About the tracks: Feldbergring, Le Mans, Melbourne and Mount Panorama.

Well, the first things that come to mind is CSP, SOL and Content Manager. These have made Assetto Corsa like new! They have turned an older games graphics current gen and simplified creating races, adding content etc etc.

It's really hard to list a favorite car and track, and that's a good thing. With so many talented people creating content for the game at or above the quality of the original content it can change for me from day to day. The choices and possibilities seem endless :thumbsup:

CART Extreme for Automobilista.
Without a shred of doubt.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cart-extreme.10810/
mod in which I was taking a small part too. ahh... happy times... :unsure:

And it's actually THE BEST RATED mod for that game. no kidding:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ars.121/?order=rating_weighted&direction=desc
:thumbsup::inlove:
go check it out. if you already didn't. which I doubt :)
This mod was epic.
Also made me realize that Automobilista 2 is severely lacking in North American content.

Too many to list, but for the sake of something different, and as one of the first mods I experienced, I’ll add Papyrus’s NASCAR 3 demo disc included with the official 2000 Daytona 500 race program that you could convert (i.e., modify) for use in the full game. A classic case of wanting what you can’t have (in this case, Daytona, the only track not included in the full game due to licensing restrictions at the time) and then finally getting it. And then modifying it further cosmetically for use in NASCAR Legends. I bought several copies of the race program so my friends and I could race online without pirating the necessary track files elsewhere.

Last edited:
There have been many, but if I have to pick one, undoubtedly it would be GP79 mod for rFactor. Historically important season, packed with motor racing stars over a couple of decades. All of the tracks, teams, and drivers, each car unique and historical in performance and temperament. Raced the season in a league. They were terrifying and captivating all the same. Villeneuve, Scheckter, Andretti, Lauda, Piquet, Regizzoni, Tombay, Hunt, Arnoux, Fittapaldi, Rossberg, Jones, Depailler, Ickx, Laffite, Mass, Stuck, Patresse, Watson, Daly, Reuteman. To drive this mod, one spanned time when you sat in the cockpit of one of these cars.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back