Community Question | Your Favourite Car and Lap Combination in Sim Racing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We are a lucky lot - sim racing is booming and near endless combinations of cars and tracks are at our very fingertips - but which is your favourite?

I'm sure most of us have a particular combination that just simply 'speaks' to us when we fire up our favourite racing simulation. Be it something modern to recreate a race we've just seen on TV, or a classic combo that keeps you on your toes, or even a combination of fantasy content to recreate what is a perfect experience in your own opinion - the options are (almost) endless!

For a bit of fun, I'd like to know your favourite sim racing car and track combination - regardless of game. Oh, and feel free to include modded content in your response too!

Have fun in the discussion thread folks - looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Last edited:
Racing: DRM Revival mod for AC, in particular the Lancia Beta ("Lardo Monastir"). Track: Bridgehampton. Racing the DRM cars on that track is pure magic.
BF06A4096402472222CD78CAE566824AC4AD423A

Track day: RuF Yellowbird (AC) at AC Nordschleife Tourist.

Road car driven on street: also AC, Ferrari 488 GTB at LA Canyons.
513D777F3C5DEAB06F66711DC3CDEAF72D08BD2B

Last edited:
Oh man almost every high powered car on Racerooms Lakeview Hillclimb on the Leaderboard.
LB because I dont get a kick out of any Artificial un-Intelligence hehe in any racing game :whistling:

My favorite is Racerooms 90´er F1 called FR90V8-V10-V12.
Or the 2 monster cars in Group C.

This track is a one way rally-ish route along some mountain lakes (hehe as the name does imply) - and if you try to drive these cars on "the edge" of what you are capable of then I garantee you the adrenaline will pulse in your blood like you were young.:)

FR90.jpggroup C.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I posted in a favourite car/track discussion I choose the Formula Vee at Ibarra on AMS and the top pic for this article seems to be that exact combination (not sure about the track but it does look like Ibarra from the pic).

Anyway I haven't played AMS in a while (will buy AMS2 eventually) but in my memory the Vee at Ibarra is still my favourite combination. Ibarra has such a nice flow to it that goes very well with the slow but very slidy Vee.

Its 2008 rFactor F1-Challanger Online League...
Grand Prix of Canada in Montreal ....
I think lap 77 of 78 ...
Me in a white and Blue BMW whith red Kubica helmet...
Sensationell at 2nd Position .... way behind the First...
Suddenly A Message is Displayed: safety car !!!
Half round later - me displayed on 1st !
The leader blown his Engine i arrived as winner :geek:

The First and only win for me in my online simracing career.
That was my best lap in Montreal

I know that was not the exact question ;)

Last edited:
The last time I posted in a favourite car/track discussion I choose the Formula Vee at Ibarra on AMS and the top pic for this article seems to be that exact combination (not sure about the track but it does look like Ibarra from the pic).
+1

However, this time around, I'm going to pull a real oldie out and say the Porsche 911 from the CSGT mod for rF1 at VLM's MidOhio. Bristow's physics make the car feel amazingly accurate and VLM's track work has held up well over time.

None, really. Some cars yes, some tracks yes. But I can't name a combo that would be somehow over others. Bad tracks are bad, bad cars are bad. Good tracks and good cars, when mixed, give endless amount of nice combos :)

I mean, surely sometimes I have some car + track combo I keep grinding... but it changes

Over the years I've had many favourite combinations, SuperV8 @ Cascavel in AMS and the GTE Porsche @ Sebring in RF2 are worthy mentions.

But the one I keep going back too is the Bentley GT3 @ Bathurst in RF2, it's just one of those monster cars on a monster track that for some reason keeps pulling me back in. Sure I mean any car on Bathurst is an absolute joyride, but the Bentley just has that "almost V8Supercar" touch about it which I guess I lean too.

So on that note and when it's released, my next fave IS going to be the SuperV8 @ Bathurst in AMS2!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 408 39.9%