Community Question | Your Best Sim Racing Purchase

Loadcell pedals made a huge improvement in consistency
Buttkicker made a huge improvement in chassis feedback and the ability to react to feedback that my wheel wasnt giving me.

I've recently purchased this https://www.axc-sim.com/product/load-cell-for-logitech-g29-pedals/ for my G27 pedal set and I can honestly say it's given new life to my tired old pedals.

Reasonably priced and gives the Brake pedal the feeling it ought to have for more consistent braking. I'm really pleased with it! Considering I spent £50 on my G27 wheel and pedals with the shifter I have no issue with keeping the old girl going until I can afford something a bit better.

My God, was that a parody video, or is that how much movement is typical? It looked to me like that the guy was riding a bull at the rodeo....

The machines movements are typical. When you are inside it feels quite natural, as it manifests itself as g-forces not feeling like it's throwing you around.

However, we did have him exaggerate his reaction to the movements, because, basically, PR.. I.e. when we initially showed the normal footage, feedback from the advisory board was that it didn't look "exciting" enough :(

I have a VR headset, motion seat, Fanatec pedals, great steering wheel. Four point belts. Everything. Love them all. Know what I can't live without???

My Buttkicker 2. When I drive without it (even with the motion seat), it feels like a game. But with the 'kicker, it's next level. When the RPMs go up, I feel it. When I shift up or down, I feel the BANG. Rumble strips reverb through the seat. It's magic. Can't race without it. Best couple hundred bucks I've spent on sim racing.

1)
1.jpg

2)
4.jpg
+
2.jpg

3)
3.jpg

No one particular favourite but the whole package as below.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x, PSU: Seasonic TX 1000 titanium, GPU: Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme OS:Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit, RAM: 2 X 16gb G.Skill Neo 16-16-16-36, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570, SSD 1: Sabrent Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 1tb, SSD 2: Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 2tb, SSD 3:Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 2tb, Screen: LG 34" 2560 X 1080, Wheel: Fanatec DD1, F1 2018 LE Rim, Advanced Paddle Module, Pedals: Heusinkveld Sprint 2 pedal set, Rig: Sim Lab P1-X, BBoxes: 2 x DSD P1, Shakers: 2 x Behringer NX3000D Amps, 4 x Dayton 50w transducers (for the time being)

I have a VR headset, motion seat, Fanatec pedals, great steering wheel. Four point belts. Everything. Love them all. Know what I can't live without???

My Buttkicker 2. When I drive without it (even with the motion seat), it feels like a game. But with the 'kicker, it's next level. When the RPMs go up, I feel it. When I shift up or down, I feel the BANG. Rumble strips reverb through the seat. It's magic. Can't race without it. Best couple hundred bucks I've spent on sim racing.

My Buttkicker would be my wife. And that is NO sim...:rolleyes:;)

I have pretty good rig. Game changer was HTC VIVE. It ended years longin seeking for perfect FOV. Every racing/driving sim/game I had to have correct FOV, which was allways wrong by default, because I liked very low FOV to see it working realisticly. I had to adjust FOV by mods or .inis and that was hell. I used FOV calculators, and even magnifying lenses, loops and narrowing lenses to have that correct feeling to drive a car. I did get close that feeling with lenses, like dentist binoculars or something like that (close range binoculars, like 1m). It gave me perfect feeling to look in distance, when driving a car. It was unbelievible feeling.

When that feeling was there, there was another problem, FOV ironicly. When view was ralistic with lenses and calculated fov, I couldn't see very widely.

VR was the answer. It's not perfect to wide view or to feeling looking to distance, but it ended my years longin adjustments, and gave me 3d vision, which feels natural.

a. HTC VIVE

I have pretty good rig. Game changer was HTC VIVE. It ended years longin seeking for perfect FOV. Every racing/driving sim/game I had to have correct FOV, which was allways wrong by default, because I liked very low FOV to see it working realisticly. I had to adjust FOV by mods or .inis and that was hell. I used FOV calculators, and even magnifying lenses, loops and narrowing lenses to have that correct feeling to drive a car. I did get close that feeling with lenses, like dentist binoculars or something like that (close range binoculars, like 1m). It gave me perfect feeling to look in distance, when driving a car. It was unbelievible feeling.

When that feeling was there, there was another problem, FOV ironicly. When view was ralistic with lenses and calculated fov, I couldn't see very widely.

VR was the answer. It's not perfect to wide view or to feeling looking to distance, but it ended my years longin adjustments, and gave me 3d vision, which feels natural.

a. HTC VIVE

Here's a dumb question from a noob...

If I ever have VR, how do I use my Sennheiser PC360 headset? ....Would I have to use my desktop speakers? That won't cut it, as the Boss is in here using her computer a lot of the time... So, could I use earbuds?

Here's a dumb question from a noob...

If I ever have VR, how do I use my Sennheiser PC360 headset? ....Would I have to use my desktop speakers? That won't cut it, as the Boss is in here using her computer a lot of the time... So, could I use earbuds?
First. I'm glad to hear that audio is important to you. HTC VIVE uses Steam VR interface. You can use any audio output you like, it is selectable in menu. You can select which audio output is on when VR is on, and you can select which takes over when VR is off. When you have selected these settings, it's working automatically.
I don't know how other than HTC VIVE VR products are working, but I think those mainly uses Steam VR interface. And when you purchase VR, then you have to get Thrill of Fight and you see headphones flying. Thats why I use earbuds now.

Last edited:
Every purchase from Extreme Competition Controls. Started with my first wheel/pedal in 1995 and still driving with my Trackstar 7000. All products are all metal and built like a tank.

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Software, - the day I decided to buy that "ugly looking game", RF2.. and understood you can feel connected to the road.
(close second being AMS2, the only other game that comes close to RF2 for me)

Hardware, my Vive VR. Once you go VR, you never go back.. maybe triple screens after VR, but VR is the best purchase yet.

Software, - the day I decided to buy that "ugly looking game", RF2.. and understood you can feel connected to the road.
(close second being AMS2, the only other game that comes close to RF2 for me)

Hardware, my Vive VR. Once you go VR, you never go back.. maybe triple screens after VR, but VR is the best purchase yet.

What exactly does VR do to help you drive well?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back