Community Question | Which Continent Hosts Your Favourite Tracks?

Not that I am bias but North America has the most depth, diversity, and quality. North America may not have a track in the top 2 or 3 however the list is impressive.

North American Tracks
  • Road America
  • Laguna
  • Indy
  • Sebring
  • VIR
  • Sebring
  • Mid-Ohio
  • The Glen
  • Daytona
  • Road Atlanta
  • Lime Rock
  • Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
  • COTA
  • Mosport
  • Barber
  • Portland
  • Bristol
  • Talladega
  • Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
  • Long Beach

Last edited:
Australasia, not only because they have great race tracks but they're largely ignored by Sim Racing Devs who only seem interested in Bathurst so that comes across to me as though they are extra special. Not enough of them Devs are pulling their collective fingers out to represent Down Under & NZed, it's always the same "famous" tracks in circulation from Sim to Sim with the exception of Reiza who do a good job of South American tracks.

Symmons Plains, Hidden Valley, Barbagallo, Pukehohe, Surfers, SMP, Philip Island etc love 'em!

I wanna say Europe but that's too easy cause so many countries with many different great tracks. But I actually wanna say Asia cause Japan alone has Suzuka Circuit, Twin Ring Motegi, Fuji Speedway and Tsukuba Circuit. That's four amazing tracks alone. And that's not including some the great tracks in China and the surrounding countries.

Africa makes me think of Kyalami, Kyalami makes me think of F1, Kyalami and F1 mke me think of Michael Andretii and then I begin to get sad. So I picked North America because of what was mentioned about F1 and the disaster of track re configurations.
Talk about all over the road, but it made sense in my head.

Last edited:
I guess I’ll go with my top 3 continents listing some of my favorite tracks

1. North America: (not counting ovals)
Watkins Glen
Road America
Road Atlanta
Mosport
Long Beach
Laguna Seca
Barber Motorsports Park
Sebring
Daytona Superspeedway (24-hour layout)

2. Europe:
Donington Park
Brands Hatch
Oulton Park
Spa-Francorchamps
Monza
Nurburgring (GP circuit for racing, Nords for hotlapping)
Zolder
Imola
Mugello

3. Asia: (basically just Japan)
Suzuka
Okayama
Sportsland SUGO
Twin Ring Motegi
Fuji Speedway

Tough choice, but I picked North America, in part because it has some of the most awesome old school tracks, and also because it is "under-represented" in too many sims, except R3E and iRacing.

I have to pick Europe because, in most sims, Europe tracks are featured quite heavily. Most of the time, I am riding on European tracks. I have to admit that Europe is the birthplace of the sport: Le Mans, F1, Monte-Carlo rally, Targa Florio, etc...

My Favourite single tracks to mostly hotlap are spread out over Europe (Nurburgring, Monaco), Australia (Bathurst, Adelaide) and Asia (Suzuka, Macau), but in terms of close racing North America wins for me, but Europe is a very close second.

Too many to choose from. I have favourites in all so here is my new list for favourite in each continent. No particular order btw.

Africa - Kyalami (only one apart from maybe Morocco that I've tried but I really enjoy it)
Australia - Mount Panorama (duh!)
Asia - Suzuka (I know there are other great ones)
Europe - Spa and Le Mans (I know, I cheated picking 2 but I wanted to pick another 6))
North America - CTMP Mosport ('cause I live 45 minutes away and it's awesome and I've been watching races there since I was 11)
South America - Interlogos (although Automobilista has charmed me with some other great tracks)

What are yours?

It is really difficult to pick one. Africa has so few tracks and even fewer in sims that I can't vote it just because I don't know many of their tracks. Kyalami is not exactly a masterpiece in my mind either. But surely they have some great ones but doubtful enough to be a world wide contender tho. Aussies have some good tracks but for me there is something missing. Bathurst is more just difficult than fun, adelaide is not street enough for me and some of the other ones (phillip island and sydney) feel a bit too modern and technical and not flowing enough.

Asia has great tracks like suzuka and motegi but some of their tracks are not fun at all for me. Like fuji, okayama and tsukuba. These guys have a thing with hairpins which I do not approve of. Every track doesn't need 2 or 3! I have to admit it that there are a lot of smaller japanese tracks and tracks in other asian tracks rarely seen in sims. And I'm not talking about f1 tracks. Google inje speedium for example. Then there is south america. Lots of nice tracks but I have to say very few of them are up to the best ones. I do like the total ultra fast speed nature of some of them. Somewhat different to other continents. And I even like the smaller and older feel of the tracks.

So after all that I am left with europe and america. Both have pros and cons. Nordschleife is definitely one 20kilometer long plus on that list! But even the usual suspects are not bad. Imola, monza, spa, hockenheim... Then you have a ton of less known but still fun tracks. The nordic countries have a great selection of smaller circuits and the middle europe is full of not well know circuits. And personally I don't even paul ricard (gt3) is that bad and I think misano is fine as well... if you also have tracks like hungaroring and zolder which could be converted to ion cannon test sites. And way too many races are held at spa. Then, depending your political views you could also include the british tracks. Lots of bigger and smaller circuits. Oulton, brands, silverstone, crystal palace, croft. Even thruxton even though I hate chicanes.

So I am going to vote north amurica. Even with the cota weighing it down (eww) I have to give it to the americans and canadians. These guys don't ruin tracks with chicanes. Mosport, road america, road atlanta, virginia, watkins, mid ohio the list goes on. And lots of smaller less know circuits. Even the rovals are not half as bad even though they do have chicanes. And north america also has those ovals which are an entirely their own thing the rest of the world only has a handful. But it is really close with europe for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing