Community Question | Which Continent Hosts Your Favourite Tracks?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Racetracks are everywhere in the world. Big name or national the choices are near endless. With such a selection available, which continent has the largest collection of your favourite?

Old school or modern? Fast and flowing or tight and technical? A mix of both? Well known and famous or undiscovered gems? It would be fair to say that it is near uncountable the sheer number of racetracks dotted around the world, and which such variety and wildly varying amount of choice, it feels like a curious exercise to hear where in the world our RaceDepartment community feels has the largest collection of their favoured layouts.

So dear ready, I cordially invite you to tell us which continent you think has the largest collection of your favourite tracks!

For the sake of clarity around continents - see Wiki page HERE.

Continent Footer.jpg

Last edited:
While my local Mondello Park here in Ireland has a special place in my heart as i grew up going to races as a kid there and the rest of Europe has some amazing tracks im just a tad bored of them.
NA and AUS have some amazing tracks, AMS1 and AMS2 introduced me to some brilliant tracks in Brazil but for me nothing beats the likes of Road Atlanta,Lime Rock Park,Virginia International Raceway,Sebring,Road America,Mid Ohio,Portland,Watkins Glen so its NA for me.

Last edited:
I'd have to say Europe has the best tracks.
I love Spa, Mugello, Monza...so to narrow it even further...Belgium and Italy for sure.
There is just something about those track I can't explain.
On many occasions, I've found myself failing to exhale at times as I negotiate corners there.
A good lap with few mistakes always feels quite rewarding.

Last edited:
While my local Mondello Park here in Ireland has a special place in my heart as i grew up going to races as a kid there and the rest of Europe has some amazing tracks im just a tad bored of them.
NA and AUS have some amazing tracks, AMS1 and AMS2 introduced me to some brilliant tracks in Brazil but for me nothing beats the likes of Road Atlanta,Lime Rock Park,Virginia International Raceway,Sebring,Road America,Mid Ohio,Portland,Watkins Glen so its NA for me.
Road atlanta yeah great track petit le mans allways a great race.

Usa build the best tracks but there racing is not as terrible as people think.

Weather tec (former alms)
Have some great races

Last edited:
Eh, such a tricky question!

I usually go with the "Holy Trinity" of tracks - Nordschleife, Bathurst, Macau - and as 2 of the 3 are located in Asia, I went for Asia.

But in terms of quantity of great tracks, it'd be Europe and America - UK and US has such a sheer volume of great track designs that those two populate a disproportionate amount of my top 50 tracks in the world. (Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, Knockhill, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Sonoma, Lime Rock, Silverstone, VIR, Thruxton, Donington Park, Road America, Watkins Glen, Sebring, Daytona, Goodwood.)

Well I live in Switzerland, so I drive mostly on European Tracks IRL and I really like them all, but my most favourite Tracks are mostly located in North America. Sebring, Road Atlanta, Detroit Belle Isle, Long Beach, Road America, Watkins Glen, Sonoma or VIR. Love the oldschool Tracks with no run off area. These Tracks gives you the best racing. UK Tracks like Donnington, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park or Knockhill are similiar to race on like on the oldschool US Tracks.

Last edited:
Theres something about US tracks that make them really fun (mayb not being touched by F1). While theres good tracks in EU, the most known ones are boring nowdays, too many safety for F1, flat as a table, no elevation changes. South America also has very interesting tracks, sadly racing series arent as big as other continents.

The answer is easy... What's the most popular servers online... Nords, Spa, Monza.

Any sim that doesn't have one off these track will be deemed incomplete for the sim community.

Playing AMS2 and iracing have introduced me to Alot of new tracks... But still prefer Europe.

Last edited:
Monza (up to 98),
Imola (up to 94),
Vallelunga,
Monaco (about 86 version - proper full barriers),
Magny Course (about mid 90s),
Spa-Francorchamps (up to 94),
Donington Park (70s varriant somehow lasted up to this milenium so yeah that one)

vs.

Albert Park Canada(or Gilles Villnevue early 90s)
Phillip Island,
Pakisha Freeway,
Suzuka,
Maccau,
Hermanos Rodríguez,
José Carlos Pace (77 is my prefered one).

So you know very Europe centric.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing