Community Question | Wet or Dry?

Honestly this question presupposes that I enjoy the racing in the first place. I play them cause they're accurate car simulators, that's what gives me immersion. I don't race, and, unless it's realistic, I don't touch the weather options. I would far prefer a game that does a clear sunny day correctly, alone on track than a game that has 20 different weather options with questionable accuracy, or AI that doesn't race like gentlemen.

Last edited:
We need a fifth option. Random / Unpredictable weather. This is what make pre race pitstop planning way more crucial and exciting, which is why in PCars2 / ACC I usually set variable weather really high during offline races.

However between the two choices? I prefer dry.

I like to race both in the wet and in the dry, it also depends on the car you drive, if you have a formula 1 from the 80-90s without any help with 1200hp it's not very easy but it's fun

There's 2 areas (apart from physics improvements!) I want to see improvements regarding wet weather racing in sims (mainly talking about SP careers here):

1) Weather should be random and accurate to the region of the world the track is from, so some tracks should have more chance of rain than others, and games with seasons should adjust the likleyhood of rain by the season as well. Scripted weather is a MAJOR no no.

2) The safety RULES regarding wet racing should be in the games, I like racing in the wet but sometimes it can go OTT and as gamers we're expected to race in conditions that real racers would have a cancelled race.

Dry is fine most of the time. Rain is fine sometimes. The most fun condition is the transitions from one to another. Monsoon rain is rarely fun just like highest grip isn't.

• Deleted member 197115

Only ACC at the moment does rain right, visually and physically.
When done right, racing in rain is a rewarding new experience, if not, just exercise in frustration.

560.jpg

I'm a truck driver :giggle:

Wet weather can be a good addition in endurance races or in single player campaigns like in F1 20XX. Otherwise it's just likely to serve as an even greater reminder of how bad a lot of sim racers are at watching the road ahead of them.

What always puzzles me is that I'm very bad in the rain on GTEs (PC2 and rf2) but in LMP2 I kill the AI. I try to keep the chances of rain well below 50%. And when it rains my strategy is mostly not working. Wrong tyres at the wrong time:)

Love these polls, as with "driving in cockpit view" the majority will vote super hardcore. Going online you see the opposite.

Just drive what you like to drive people but please don't pretend to be mega hardcore on polls only ;)

PS: Yes, i race in bonnet view :inlove:

Love these polls, as with "driving in cockpit view" the majority will vote super hardcore. Going online you see the opposite.

Just drive what you like to drive people but please don't pretend to be mega hardcore on polls only ;)

PS: Yes, i race in bonnet view :inlove:

Yupp, very interesting. Gave up on MP because auf T1 braking strategies and the more or less absence of random weather.

Yupp, very interesting. Gave up on MP because auf T1 braking strategies and the more or less absence of random weather.
Just find some well organized online racing group and all your needs will be fullfilled.

Don't confuse public lobby racing with quality multiplayer racing as those are two totally different things :D

I don't specifically seek out wet races but I won't shy away from them either. I actually had one of... if not my best wet race ever in ACC at Zolder. While it looked largely like I was racing
on my own, the challenge was racing the clock lap after lap. The track was slick. Lots of off-track excursions but It came down to not making more than the guys behind. It was a lot of fun trying to maintain that gap.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing