Community Question | Wet or Dry?

I voted "if rain, I keep racing"...
But sometimes it could transform into "no rain, no race" So it depends !

It could even be, "no rain online, Go for solo rain !" ...

: Leave a "like" if you would vote for " AI+rain better than no rain online".

Cheers,
Donnie
(is signing a topic a boomer thing ? )

I love wet racing, mainly because it is such a leveller, and it rewards consistency over pace. Which is good for me, as I am slow.

I just wish the implementation in AC was a little easier to use.

Small bump to this thread now. I've been simracing since 2004, but never have I, in a serious simracing event, raced in rain. All championships I've done have been dry weather, all club races I've done have been dry weather.

Last Saturday I did a 9hr endurance event at Paul Ricard in AC:C, with dynamic weather and a less than 50% chance for rain. When we jumped to the race session it suddenly rained. We decided to go for Wet Preset setup (we hadn't tested in wet at all), and hope that it would rain for at least 5 hours.
As it turned out, it was raining for the whole 9 hours, and I must admit, it's one of the most fun experiences I've ever had in simracing. I really loved racing in the rain, and I hope this wasn't the last time!

Small bump to this thread now. I've been simracing since 2004, but never have I, in a serious simracing event, raced in rain. All championships I've done have been dry weather, all club races I've done have been dry weather.
Last Saturday I did a 9hr endurance event at Paul Ricard in AC:C, with dynamic weather and a less than 50% chance for rain. When we jumped to the race session it suddenly rained. We decided to go for Wet Preset setup (we hadn't tested in wet at all), and hope that it would rain for at least 5 hours.
As it turned out, it was raining for the whole 9 hours, and I must admit, it's one of the most fun experiences I've ever had in simracing. I really loved racing in the rain, and I hope this wasn't the last time!
welcome to the herd OMM :sneaky:
and, really - NINE hours race ?!? :confused:
Man... I must suck a big time, can't do properly a nine minute race without going off a few times :D
I mean, based on your last two sentences I figured you didn't had many excursions.
But I may be way off of course :geek:

Last edited:
welcome to the herd OMM :sneaky:
and, really - NINE hours race ?!? :confused:
Man... I must suck a big time, can't do properly a nine minute race without going off a few times :D
I mean, based on your last two sentences I figured you didn't had many excursions.
But I may be way off of course :geek:

I mean, I've raced offline in the rain a bit :) Not to mention IRL. I remember when I did karting, I never skipped a day at the track if it rained. I loved it! My first podium IRL was in the rain as well.

Oh, I didn't do 9 hours by myself, we were three guys. Though, I ended up doing 49% of the race in the end. I spun a couple of time when the clock passed 23:00 in-game and it was very dark. I misjudged a bit where the puddles and standing water was. Not easy to spot!

I love racing in the wet. I think I enjoy racing real cars in the wet. I like the extra challenge it can add. I remember seeing a champcar race years ago at Portland I think it was and even behind the safety car they were having huge moments going through one of the fast back corners. Really enjoyed that race. I wish it would rain more in races. I love it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%