Community Question | Slow vs Fast

Oh I love a fast car, the speed, the adrenaline, the grit caught in your teeth, the wind in your hair etc.

I still voted ‘slow’ though, purely based on the fact that my most memorable races have all been in relatively sluggish machinery.

In fact, just last night I had an amazing 30 lap race of the fantastic 1988 Imola circuit in AMS2, purring around in a Formula Trainer.

Nip & tuck racing, numerous AI mistakes and shunts. It was superb, I was geniunely sad when I limped across the line to finish gloriously in 8th.

I like all vintage tin-tops as well, they are my go-to weapons of choice - they are all pretty slow relatively so I suppose in the end it was a no brainer for me.

Last edited:
One of my friends has a dfgt. He actually prefers it over my old g27 due to the smaller deadzone and less clunking.
Only issue being the kinda high friction and low turning speed when rallying.

It's a good wheel, especially for the price!!

Increased resistance due to aero isn't really noticeable though, sadly

Having never been able to directly compare the two this is tremendously interesting to read - thank you.

It depends :) For hotlapping, I like fast(er) cars, especially if they're challenging to drive, even if that means they're not the fastest by today's standards. So let's say I enjoy hotlapping a 787b using manual transmission, clutch and heel-and-toe more than doing the same in a modern era f1 car even if the latter is faster.

For racing, slow(er) cars are more fun to me - like many of you guys already stated, the racing is just closer, which is more fun to me :) For example, I enjoyed the formula 3 car races (fixed setup) in iracing quite a lot - everyone with equal material for everyone rocks. When racing single player, I do modern era GT3s occasionally, but I fell in love with 60's and 70's race cars as well (again, I love manual shifting and heal-and -toe, even if i'm certainly not great at it)^^

Edit: I totally forgot which I enjoy racing most: I absolutely love the RSS GT1s and the Japanese Super GT Cars from the early 2000s.

Last edited:
To the ones who like slow cars, I must ask, what is the appeal of a car like the Peugeot 504? This mod for Assetto Corsa has 106 mostly positive ratings. But when I tried it I couldn't feel the appeal. What am I missing? Do I need a specific track or setup?

5MIaBdg.png

To the ones who like slow cars, I must ask, what is the appeal of a car like the Peugeot 504? This mod for Assetto Corsa has 106 mostly positive ratings. But when I tried it I couldn't feel the appeal. What am I missing? Do I need a specific track or setup?

5MIaBdg.png

It was a really high quality mod made by the guys that later went on to make content manager and it was an interesting slow car to race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back