Community Question | Keeping Your Cool In Sim Racing

:cool::D:D:cool::D:D:cool:

giphy.gif

In addition to raising the AC, turning up the ceiling fan, and having the smaller fan near me, I need to lower my GPU power in afterburner.. 2-Aorus 2080tis. Usually have to run them at about 60% power when I notice the air hasnt turned off in an hour.

Them SOBs seem to wage war on my air conditioner.. I have central air to!

Some dry ice like they use in f1 would be cool. That's taking simulator to another level

Edit: definitely don't try in enclosed spaces, as mentioned below. Everyone here is sensible enough to know why.

Last edited:
Small Vornado fan and a glass of water, being careful to not knock it over!

P.S. The photo used of Lewis for this post likely upped the internal temps of those of his detractors/those perpetually upset by his continual success with the Petronas AMG Mercedes team.

Born on the "icy" Northen Italy (Trento) and live in Brazil. No air conditioning here.

When hot comes (last week it goes 28ºC... on winter... now, use your imagination about the hot days) I use ancient Native American tropical knowledge and play with no clothes (no clothes AT ALL), a small (but strong) fan right under my chair, pointed to my legs (that is also useful to keep mosquitoes away), a bigger fan right at my side, pushing air into PC's cabinet, about 2 or 3 iced 650ml water bottles over one ot two hours session, a lot of sweat and a head full of happy thoughts.

Can you imagine what is to race on a Brazilian race track at summer?

I just don't play at all when it's too hot.

Especially if you have hot hardware to begin with
People forget bench tests use 20-24C try adding another 20C @ idle let alone load, see how your air cooler does with that
all a room fan does at 40C + is blow red hot air

That's why I brought a AMD 3200G as everyday PC. With my unneeded 3900X cooler on it barely raises a sweat

I remember Red Momo ( 2nd version) warping the ring gear and grating sound that bad in summer I had 3 under warranty replaced. Nascar fans complained same even worse situation with Ovals

Oh summer here is up to 46C and seems to get worse every year

Here in Malaysia it's always 34 degrees C...
The ambient temperature in my man cave hovers around 29.
I have a fan pointed at me most of the time but during races I have the air con on with a default 27 degrees. It cuts out when the room hits 27 and then comes back on again when it heats up, which is fairly quick...
What I wouldn't give to be in a basement with sub 20 degrees, it would be perfect during racing.

Honestly, whatever is the temperature, I take it as part of the simulation...
Remember the good old time when F1 drivers could lose around 4-5kg of bodyweight per race ?
That's what I'm talking about !!!
Playing extreme is the only way ^_^

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back