Community Question | Have You Ever Run An Endurance Race?

What's weird is while I don't claim to ever have done an endurance race, years ago I always played NR2003 full seasons at 100% race lengths, so some of the races (Martinsville/Bristol 500 laps) would go 5 hours, worse if there were a lot of cautions. I think the shortest race was maybe just under 3 hours. I imagine to NASCAR sim racers, 3 hours is nothing, and 5 hours is just a typical short track event.

YES! 1x with one of my team mates a good 6 years ago. I think it was an 8 Hour Enduro and was one of the best racing experiences of my life. Waiting in the simulated pits for our car to pit, put in my seat spacer & have my turn. I was MORE worried about letting down my Team Mate who drove the first 4 hours withouht braking the car then doing well in the race overall! When I sim race I drive like it was real life, sweating like crazy...wearing a tennis headband to keep the sweat from dripping down into my eyes & asking the other person in the house to hold a gatorade bottle with straw for me to drink and talk to myself at times almost yelling...brake, brake, brake, grip, dig, PUSH, PUSH, PUSH! (pretending I'm the tires in the turns). :rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Last edited:
On league servers I'm not that good so I end up racing alone most of the time and it's quite boring....On some public server I can run fast enough to be in front alone and a minute ahead so quite boring.....There is no in between with Endurance racing......it end up quite boring....and since there is actually no goals and rewards other than enjoying the sim I don't like long races.....30min (or shorter) races are always fun to me ;)

Last edited:
No I haven't... But would love to someday.

I did run a 120 min RD race in RF2 club.
But the most memorable was a Tuesday night US RD event multiclass race in R3E that was 90 minutes. Once we were all placed on the grid, some guys only just realized it was a 90 min race lol and about 5-6 of them (they all sounded old on teamspeak lol) said "woah jeeeze 90 minutes??? Oh I can't do that??? Thought it was only a 45 min race???" Lol They left the server moments before the green flag after practice and qualy sessions. Lol

Event still went on, we still had enough drivers. It was a bit disappointing but funny as hell thinking of these old heads looking for their canes as they step out their home cockpit. lol
I shouldn't talk, I'm getting up their, 32 this year lol

No I haven't... But would love to someday.

I did run a 120 min RD race in RF2 club.
But the most memorable was a Tuesday night US RD event multiclass race in R3E that was 90 minutes. Once we were all placed on the grid, some guys only just realized it was a 90 min race lol and about 5-6 of them (they all sounded old on teamspeak lol) said "woah jeeeze 90 minutes??? Oh I can't do that??? Thought it was only a 45 min race???" Lol They left the server moments before the green flag after practice and qualy sessions. Lol

Event still went on, we still had enough drivers. It was a bit disappointing but funny as hell thinking of these old heads looking for their canes as they step out their home cockpit. lol
I shouldn't talk, I'm getting up their, 32 this year lol
almost 64

It's the only reason I still get iRacing subscriptions, endurance racing with a team. Last year we've won the Bathurst 12hr and Le Mans 24hr (in our split, definitely not split 1). Lows were had too with a fatal crash at the Spa 24hr in the second stint.

Hoping to partake in some rf2 endurance races as well this year!

Just offline endurance races in rf2,Acc, and pc2. I stopped doing them in pc2 because of a lack of save game feature. Haven't done any online endurance races yet because of lack of friends who sim race and because I work and have a wife and pets.

I would like to do something like a '90 nascar full race (with MOD of course, as both nascar and oval circuits aren't present in the game) on AC.
Does anyone want to do that too? We can may do a server if some people want to do it.

Given the differences in hardware between friends, I'd like to see endurance modes for ACC include the ability to share a single rig between multiple drivers. After all, IRL endurance drivers use one car, why can't online endurance races allow for one rig. So far I cannot see a way to do this.

[x] No, but I would like to one day

I think a 4 hour solo race is nothing for me, but with driver swaps around every 60-90min. i could imagine to have some fun.
I am just used to track days where i drive one hour ore more on the same track, but this way you can drive more relaxed of course, so i can't compare it.

Given the differences in hardware between friends, I'd like to see endurance modes for ACC include the ability to share a single rig between multiple drivers. After all, IRL endurance drivers use one car, why can't online endurance races allow for one rig. So far I cannot see a way to do this.
So you'd like to able to swap drivers physixcally on the same rig? Facial recognition would make that easy (and it should be mandatory in e-sports to be sure the right person is racing).

Done a few 24 races on iRacing... including just 2 of us doing the full 24 hrs between us, and I also did a solo 12hr charity race (I couldn't bear to sit in my rig for weeks after that).

I've also never forgotten to map the pit limiter when taking over from another driver. Not me. Never.

Done quite a few races, including a couple of 24h of Le Mans which are really more of a mental exercice than anything else. It's draining, and I personally can say that one of those races didn't give me the "it was worth it" feeling at the end.

But mostly it's a great experience to be had, our highlight results-wise would have to be P3 in GTE at the VEC 12h of Sebring in Div3 a few years ago; it felt as a just reward for all the struggles of not only that race but of the whole season as well. However, most of the time I have loads of fun due to the team aspect of endurance racing, and I am generally happy at the end, regardless of the result.

Lately It's been one-off endurance races in ACC, mostly just for fun, and they've all been enjoyable - I strongly recommend everyone to have a go at a 6h+ endurance race with a team if they haven't yet!

Those are the best and worst of simracing experience: prepare a setup and a strategy with a mate, react to the unexpected, learn to play the long game, awesome stuff; and then a game bug sometimes ruins all of that in a second.

AKA "mechanical failure" :) We must also remember that simracing lets us get away with quite some shambolic crashes that would have destroyed the car completely out on the physical track, so all in all I see it as a balance of circumstances.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing