Community Question | Have You Ever Run An Endurance Race?

As I don't have a single friend who's into simracing, the longest race I've participated in was a 40 minute race around Road Atlanta, against AI.
Boy was I exhausted after that one.

GTR2 24hours at Daytona with (I think) the ALMS 2008 mod. Well I must be honest. GTR2 lets you save mid session lol.. so.. .it took me about two weeks of evenings to complete, and I also switched with my computer team mate every other hour so... I don't know if that counts lol. I guess the most I drove at one time was an hour .. ok I don't deserver to be on this post :(

I haven't done any endurance racing as of yet. I don't race online very often anyways, and my ability behind the wheel could be considered the equivalent to a blind squirrel jacked up on caffeine.

Any endurance racing would most likely be offline, but the issue I have is a lack of refinement in most sims. Content for an era usually goes to at max 2-4 cars per class (unless it is the ubiquitous GT3's) and while the features are mostly there, often it is a faff to get things working right for 10 minutes much less more than an hour (stares at RF2)

I guess my main issue comes down to content and ease of setting up. Before I can enjoy a race, I gotta set up the AI driver talent/speed, the skins, find content needed for a race. And depending on sim that can be anywhere from easy(AC) to jumping through hoops like a gymnast(RF2)

I can't jump into a race with a randomly selected grid, everything's gotta be calculated and setup beforehand.

Last edited:
In 2006 and 2007 I took part in an 24h Bowling competition. In real life, no sim. After 2 hours you think "Thats so much fun", after 4 hours "ok, that was really a lot of bowling today", after 6 hours you think "this is gonna be a looong night", after 12 hours "PAIN PAIN PAIN"!

After that every endurance race is a sprint race for me.

We ran one back in November and it was epic, with driver swaps and Team Channels on Discord! We did Porsche 962 at Le_mans 4 Hour Endurance Day-Night. We are going to run more this year at renermotorsport.
Hope you guys don't mind us saying that as we race on here too and all our members are members here also!
A video of it can be found below

Last edited:
Nope, longest I did were 1 hour races with 30 min quali in LFS, and even those were just boring after a while when the pack found its pace and you'd hotlap on your own basically. Much rather spend 4 hours doing 20 minute sprints.

I did an iracing spa 24 hour gt3 event a few years ago and it was awesome. A few weeks practicing with team mates and then the event with stints worked out etc. One if the few highlights of my racing. Tracks like nords and bathhurst are good and really a slow and steady wins the day with those tracks, one big off and its game over.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back