Community Question | Do You Wear Gloves To Sim Race?

I've used motocross gloves and golf gloves. Both have woven stretchy mesh along the back of the hand and fingers, so they breathe well, and adjustable Velcro closures on the back of the wrist for a snug fit. Typing, using a mouse or steering wheel buttons is no problem with either type of glove. To me, FFB sensitivity doesnt seem to be dampened much (if at all) compared to bare hands especially with golf gloves which have thinner palm. The motocross gloves have double layer of leather (?) on the palm and around the thumb which is nice if you need a little padding there or something that will last for a long time. But the seam gave me a blister on the inside of my index finger. The mesh also began to fray a little at the seams along the fingertips after only wearing them a dozen times or so - probably from catching on the velcro wristband. For those reasons I prefer Footjoy Raingrip golf gloves. They are super comfy and have soft psuedo-suede palms that provides a solid grip on the wheel. Golf gloves also usually come in a wider range of sizes because they often include several "Cadet" sizes for those of us with shorter than average fingers. So its easy to get a perfect fit.
I also wear karting shoes, because compared to my regular sneakers they have thinner soles for enhanced "pedal feel" and they are narrower across the foot so less likely to catch on nearby pedals or each other. They also look really cool !

I've used motocross gloves and golf gloves. Both have woven stretchy mesh along the back of the hand and fingers, so they breathe well, and adjustable Velcro closures on the back of the wrist for a snug fit. Typing, using a mouse or steering wheel buttons is no problem with either type of glove. To me, FFB sensitivity doesnt seem to be dampened much (if at all) compared to bare hands especially with golf gloves which have thinner palm. The motocross gloves have double layer of leather (?) on the palm and around the thumb which is nice if you need a little padding there or something that will last for a long time. But the seam gave me a blister on the inside of my index finger. The mesh also began to fray a little at the seams along the fingertips after only wearing them a dozen times or so - probably from catching on the velcro wristband. For those reasons I prefer Footjoy Raingrip golf gloves. They are super comfy and have soft psuedo-suede palms that provides a solid grip on the wheel. Golf gloves also usually come in a wider range of sizes because they often include several "Cadet" sizes for those of us with shorter than average fingers. So its easy to get a perfect fit.
I also wear karting shoes, because compared to my regular sneakers they have thinner soles for enhanced "pedal feel" and they are narrower across the foot so less likely to catch on nearby pedals or each other. They also look really cool !
Once I got my Alcantara wheel, I started wearing gloves. I didn't like it at first, but you get accustomed to it fairly quickly. I started with some ATV gloves I have, but purchased these for $4.50 on sale and surprisingly they work really well. I am jealous of those who have karting shoes. I have some thin soled indoor soccer shoes that work fine. At least until some money frees up. I am having to replace some Fanatec CSP V3 pedals that broke after a few months, so won't be upgrading my shoes any time soon as the money will be going to new pedals. Still trying to reach Fanatec, but haven't had luck yet.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%